A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We're a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Safety Generalist assists the EHS Supervisor with the safety and security related duties and responsibilities of the Harrisonville, MO facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements, maintains and monitors the safety program plant wide and across all shifts.
- Assists in ensuring that all OSHA guidelines are compliant and all documentation is prepared and stored for the required time frame.
- Assists in establishing effective safety committees.
- Identifies, assesses and corrects conditions which could produce accidents or financial loss.
- Conducts frequent plant safety inspections and observes workers for safe and unsafe behaviors.
- Assists in maintaining and updating existing accidents prevention and loss-control systems.
- Complete, maintain and update risk analyses as required.
- Must be able to store, analyze and retrieve statistical data using computer.
- Develop and recommend new procedures and approaches to safety.
- Support department heads and administrators in enforcing safety regulations and codes.
- Assists in performing and coordinating safety training for company employees and vendors.
- Periodically inspects premises to ensure outgoing effectiveness of safety and security systems and applies the appropriate corrective action when necessary.
- Works with departmental supervisors to conduct incident investigations in a thorough and timely manner.
- Attend all relevant safety meetings.
- Ensures all safety equipment and PPE are kept in serviceable order and replacement equipment can be acquired without disruption to the work flow.
- Assists in compiling of reports and creating presentations as required.
- Assists in new hire safety orientation program.
- Create and maintain 5S in processing areas.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma required; Associates or bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years in a manufacturing environment.
SPECIAL SKILLS / COMPETENCIES / REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills (English).
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Lean experience preferred.
- Clear understanding of OSHA guidelines.
- Ability to work under time restrains and result driven.
- Basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Ability to use initiative and independent judgement within established procedural guidelines and written directions.
- Ability to facilitate, lead and direct teams and/or committees.
- Knowledge of company policies, standards and procedures.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality at all times and in all situations.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/