Maintain post-sale contact with customers in order to facilitate a positive and productive long-term relationship. Serve as the primary contact for the assigned customers. Enhance the company's position and reputation by properly servicing and corresponding with all assigned accounts in a dependable and timely manner. Manage customer inquiries regarding customer orders in process and future orders pending. Provide tactical support to sales and management, providing information regarding customer issues, needs and opportunities. Prepare RFPs and RFQs and put together sales collateral to use to secure new business and up-sell existing accounts. Enhance customer relationship by working closely with customer on the development of targeted solutions and new business opportunities.
- Responsible for the account management activities during and after the sale to enable the Sales representatives to focus on selling activities. Respond to customer requests and inquiries regarding current and future work. Resolve issues that may arise during production of customer products. Keep sales team informed of customer project status, progress, issues, enhancements and modifications as required.
- Maintain accurate, complete, up-to-date customer files, in addition to detailed account history. Prepare and submit sales reports and documentation regarding results, opportunities and challenges in the sales territory. Analyze reports and data to identify revenue and cost containment opportunities.
- Assist in the implementation and execution of products and services. Consult with customers to understand business issues and goals, and works with customer to develop improved solutions to business needs. Prepare summary reports for Sales Representative and Sales Management identifying customer needs and opportunity to secure new business.
- Develop and prepare sales product presentations for use on up-sell opportunity for the accounts managed and assist Sales with the development of sales collateral for new business opportunities.
- Assist sales in the preparation of RFPs and RFQs on the accounts managed.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of industry trends , new products, specifications, competitor strengths and weaknesses and communicates new information to Sales Representatives.
- May be involved in specific customer projects as assigned by sales management.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 5-7 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Able to apply broad work experience and knowledge when analyzing complex problems. Must be able consistently identify critical elements, variables and alternatives to develop solutions. Must be able to organize/prioritize existing resources and incorporate new information, as needed, to implement the most effective solutions.
- Able to communicate clearly and courteously with those who need to know of decisions/actions/problems.
- Able to apply excellent business acumen and collaborative skills when resolving problems.
- Able to apply excellent functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC, or other technical tools in completing assignments.
- Able to apply expertise in all the tools or applications used to complete work assignments.
- Able to mentor junior level team members in the use of tools and/or systems in the position.
- Requires excellent communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand. Able to explain programs policies and procedures in language that is understood by others. .
- Must be able to modify communication style both formal and informal to match the appropriate level of the audience targeted. Requires strong understanding of the impact of a message on the organization or customer.
- Able to write with the clarity and precision necessary for the work being performed.