Job Summary and Primary Responsibilities
ABOUT NUVASIVE® NuVasive is an innovative medical device company focused on developing minimally disruptive surgical products and procedurally integrated solutions for the spine. The Company is the 3rd largest player in the $8.2 billion global spine market. With a focus on Speed of Innovation®, Absolute Responsiveness®, and Superior Clinical Outcomes, we are revolutionizing how spine procedures are performed on patients around the world.
Why should you join NuVasive?
Over $1.2 B in 2020 revenue, we are continuing to climb at 7% revenue growth with a presence in over 50 countries and 2700 employees. This is THE place to start a career, to accelerate your careers, and have a larger relative impact than anywhere else you have worked.
Why should you join the Sales team?
As NuVasive continues to grow, we need top sales rock stars to achieve the revenue and product mix requirements for their territories. Join a team that works with top surgeons to provide innovative solutions to back pain and spine surgery.
The Sales Associate is responsible for selling the company's implantable medical devices to hospitals, clinics, and physicians as appropriate. Provides support, training and/or guidance during actual procedures or surgeries.
- Develops the required technical, clinical and sales competencies through the completion of the sales associate development program in order to qualify and meet the expectations for advancement
- Provides coordination and logistic support in properly ordering, transporting, setting up and reassembling surgical instrument sets inside sterile processing departments at hospitals and surgery centers
- Acts as a product support consultant to surgeons and operating room staff during surgical procedures in the safe and proper use of proprietary products and related surgical techniques
- Supports and contributes to the growth of revenues in assigned Sales Specialists territories through delegated business development activities with surgeons, hospitals and related staff
- Works extended, off normal work hours with flexibility in being able to adjust personal schedule
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Skills / Capabilities
- Must be able to provide after hours and weekend case support, as necessary
- Highly organized with the capacity to prioritize in a deadline-oriented environment
- Knowledge of utilizing computers/tablets with familiarity to work in customer relationship management tools and the Microsoft suite of products
- Competency to learn and effectively articulate technical product knowledge and medical terminology in discussions with customers
- Proactive mindset with the dexterity to quickly make sense of complex issues while managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Be qualified for and maintain privileges at all required hospitals, including meeting any applicable physical requirements or vaccination requirements (including the COVID-19 vaccine, as applicable).
Education and Experience
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience
- Preferred 1+ year in medical device sales
- Preferred science and/or technical background or aptitude
- Required 2+ years in general business to business sales
Travel and/or Physical Requirements
- Able to travel up to 95%
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
For roles that require access to hospital facilities, must be eligible for and maintain credentials at all required hospitals, including meeting any applicable physical requirements or vaccination requirements (including the COVID-19 vaccine, as applicable).
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The "EEO is the Law" poster options are available here . NuVasive's EEO policy is available here .
About NuVasive NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, with a mission to transform surgery, advance care, and change lives. The Company's less-invasive, procedurally integrated surgical solutions are designed to deliver reproducible and clinically proven outcomes. The Company's comprehensive procedural portfolio includes surgical access instruments, spinal implants, fixation systems, biologics, software for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative neuromonitoring technology and service offerings. With more than $1 billion in net sales, NuVasive has approximately 2,700 employees and operates in more than 50 countries serving surgeons, hospitals, and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com .