Secretary (Reg FT)
Position Title: Secretary (Reg FT)
Department: Workforce Development
Campus: West Hills Center
Additional Information: Position is located at West Hills Center.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Work Hours (for hourly positions): Monday - Friday; 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. Additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, may be needed to meet the needs of the department.
Salary Grade: SEIU D - $17.86
Job Category: Office Support Staff/Maintenance/Housekeeping
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 0522
Job Open Date: 8/26/2022
Job Close Date: 9/12/2022
General Summary: Performs a variety of general secretarial duties for a major campus function, department or division, which may include preparation of correspondence and reports, screening telephone calls and visitors, filing, and scheduling.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or GED plus one year of relevant experience gained from working in an office environment.
Skills/Abilities Requirements: Should be able to tactfully and courteously answer questions and provide information. Knowledge as related to the specific needs of the department to perform responsibilities. Ability to travel to perform work duties at any campus or center location within the CCAC system. Must be able to operate various office equipment, including a personal computer, switchboard as needed, and appropriate College software packages or equivalent. Should possess good organizational, customer service, communication, interpersonal and clerical skills. Detail oriented, ability to multi-task meet deadlines and be a team player. Required to have regular and timely attendance.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to work in a general office environment with the ability to sit for at least 2 hours without interruption.
1. Provides quality customer service to both internal and external customers.
2. Prepares and processes correspondence, documents/forms, reports, minutes, surveys and other materials.
3. Screens phone calls; receives and assists visitors; receives, sorts and delivers mail; receives and responds to requests.
4. Maintains files (electronic/paper), records, logs and reports.
5. Reviews documents for accuracy and completeness and editing as necessary.
6. Performs various scheduling activities.
7. Maintains and orders supplies.
8. Computes and processes payroll for assigned faculty and staff; handles receipt of cash and for petty cash purposes as necessary; assists with trip requests as needed.
9. Prepares bulk mailings and participates in clerical preparations and activities for meetings and
various college events.
10. Assists with training temporary others; may assign the work of temporary part-time and work-study student employees.
11. Perform all duties in accordance with applicable laws, collective bargaining agreements, board policies and administrative regulations and directives.
12. Performs other clerical duties related to specific/unique needs of the department.
13. Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=13&c=ccac.
Vaccination: Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human Resources.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://apptrkr.com/3401718
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.