Secretary/Typist (Reg PT)
Position Title: Secretary/Typist (Reg PT)
Department: Enrollment Management
Campus: South Campus
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Work Hours (for hourly positions): Monday-Friday 9:00am-2:00pm. Regular part-time 25 hours/week.
Salary Grade: SEIU C - $17.40
Job Category: Office Support Staff/Maintenance/Housekeeping
Employment Type: Regular Part-Time
Job Slot: 9384
Job Open Date: 8/26/2022
Job Close Date: 9/12/2022
General Summary: Performs a variety of general secretarial duties for a major campus activity or department.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or GED and some secretarial experience gained through previous job related training or education.
Skills/Abilities Requirements: Ability to multitask while effectively communicating CCAC policy and procedures to students and their Must be able to operate various office equipment, including a personal computer, and appropriate College software packages or equivalent. Ability to travel to perform work duties at any campus or center location within the CCAC system. Should possess good organizational, customer service, communication, interpersonal and clerical skills. Detail oriented, ability to multi-task meet deadlines and be a team player. Required to have regular and timely attendance.
Physical Requirements, If Applicable: Must be able to work in a general office environment with the ability to sit for at least 2 hours without interruption. Ability to communicate effectively and follow written and oral instructions.
1. Provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
2. Prepares reports, correspondence and forms including exams, syllabi, schedules, class materials and minutes of meetings.
3. Coordinates & organizes activities & transportation.
4. Creates and distributes promotional materials such as flyers, emails and letters.
5. Screens phone calls; receives and directs visitors; receives sorts and delivers mail.
6. Serves as point of contact for the unit.
7. Establishes and maintains various files, records and logs.
8. Updates student information.
9. Prepares materials for bulk mailings.
10. Responds to inquiries tactfully and courteously and answer questions and provide information in person and by telephone.
11. May be required to take and transcribe oral dictation; records and maintains budgetary information; schedules rooms and facilities; maintains and processes payroll forms and records; assigns work to work-study students; trains newly hired employees; maintains and processes orders for supplies, operates switchboard and assists with registration.
12. Perform all duties in accordance with applicable laws, collective bargaining agreements, board policies and administrative regulations and directives.
13. Performs other clerical duties related to specific/unique needs of the department.
14. Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=13&c=ccac.
Vaccination: Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human Resources.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://apptrkr.com/3401747
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.