Epstein is an established and well respected 97 year old Architecture, Engineering and Construction firm. The firm is headquartered in Chicago with a domestic office in New York and international locations in Poland and Romania. Our beautiful corporate office is located in Chicago’s West Loop, convenient to transportation. We offer all employees excellent wages and a competitive benefits package. Epstein is proud to be 100% employee owned. Epstein focuses on our community through our emphasis on community service, green initiatives and sustainable design.
Epstein is seeking a Senior Design Engineer to join our growing Civil Engineering team. The Senior Design Engineer performs a variety of engineering tasks, and works with others on the design team (often a multi-disciplined team) to design innovative and technically sound solutions in accordance to project requirements and applicable codes. The ideal candidate will have work experience in the Civil Engineering field related to transportation structures. Project types may include new structures as well as inspection, evaluation and rehabilitation of existing structures. The projects will involve a wide variety of structure types, foundations and materials preferably on CDOT, IDOT and/or ISTHA projects. The candidate must have experience in Phase I and Phase II projects.
- Design of transportation structures including highway bridges, retaining walls, and box culverts under the supervision of the Chief Bridge Engineer.
- Prepare structural analysis and design calculations according to the applicable design codes; use computer programs as appropriate.
- Prepare technical reports, contract plans, and specifications, construction cost estimates and performance of on-site structural inspections, analysis and condition assessment of existing structures.
- Assist with project construction administration including reviews of shop drawings and requests-for-information (RFI's).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis on Structural Engineering
- 5-9 years of successful project experience
- M.S. in Structural Engineering or related field is preferred
- Successful completion of the FE exam
- llinois Professional and Structural licensure desirable, but not required
- Experience with Microstation and structural analysis design and finite element software is preferred
- Bridge Inspection experience, including 80 hour NHI Course, preferred but not required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
This is a great opportunity for an individual who wants to join a strong, successful and highly respected team. Our environment thrives on quality driven, multi-task oriented employees with excellent organizational, communication and problem solving skills.
Epstein is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, genetics, gender identity, transgender status, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors. Epstein hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of a person’s qualifications. Epstein is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
For more information on our company, please visit us on the internet at www.epsteinglobal.com, and send your resume to: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=EPSTEIN&cws=1&rid=544