Why work with us?
The North American branch of Generali Global Assistance offers a diverse and inclusive work environment while employees work towards making real difference in the lives of our clients. As an Organization, we pride ourselves with offering white glove service while being mindful of corporate responsibility and our environmental footprint.
Employees enjoy a plethora of benefits to include:
- A diverse, inclusive, professional work environment
- Flexible work schedules
- Company match on 401(k)
- Competitive Paid Time Off policy
- Generous Employer contribution for health, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid short term and long term disability insurance
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company paid life insurance
- Employee Assistance program
- Wellness programs
- Fun employee and company events
- Discounts on travel insurance
- No H1B VISA sponsorship for his role.
Who are we?
Generali Global Assistance is proudly part of the Europ Assistance Group brand and our products utilize a number of corporate and product brands. The brands for our North American team include the following:
- CSA: US travel insurance brand for retail and lodging partners. Learn more here.
- Generali Global Assistance (GGA): The primary Corporate brand in the United States for our travel insurance, travel assistance, identity and cyber protection, and beneficiary companion products. Learn more here.
- GMMI: the industry standard for global medical cost containment and medical risk management solutions. Learn more here.
- Iris, Powered by Generali: identity and digital protection solution. Learn more here.
- Trip Mate: US travel insurance brand for tour operator, cruise and airline partners. Learn more here.
What you'll be doing.
The Senior Cloud Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, and integrating enterprise technology systems at every stage of their lifecycle. The incumbent in this role, as a core-level member of the IT Systems Engineering team, is accountable for assigned systems and processes critical to the successful operation of enterprise IT in the North America region. The Senior Cloud Engineer role is to support, maintain, develop, and optimize key functional areas, specifically in Azure and AWS Cloud Services, End User Platform Technologies, and Global Backup & Recovery Solutions (DR), working closely with our Managed Services providers. The role also involves direct activities related to the remediation of security vulnerabilities on Azure and AWS. Furthermore, the Senior Cloud Engineer role should focus on continual service improvement, identifying strategic opportunities for future cost savings and ways to further develop the infrastructure capability in line with group standards.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure organization cloud environments (AWS/Azure) comply with industry security standards.
- Manage and configure cloud infrastructure components for optimal disaster recovery and security.
- Utilize automation tools to streamline provisioning and configuration tasks.
- Ensure compliance with industry standards and regulatory requirements related to disaster recovery and security.
- Conducts high-level root-cause analysis for service interruption and establishes preventive measures.
- Monitors and tests application performance for potential bottlenecks, identifies possible solutions, and works with developers to implement those fixes.
- Creates and maintains standard operating procedures and knowledge bases.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain detailed documentation of disaster recovery and security processes, procedures, and configurations.
- Generate reports on security and disaster recovery metrics for management and compliance purposes.
Required / Desired Knowledge, Experiences and Skills:
- 7+ years of experience in IT.
- Strong knowledge of cloud platforms (AWS and Azure) and their services.
- Familiarity with disaster recovery technologies and methodologies.
- Familiarity with cloud security best practices.
- Proficiency in scripting and automation (e.g., Python, PowerShell).
- Proficiency in Terraform highly desired.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and provide results.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Organizational and prioritizing skills. Fluent in English.
- B.S. or B.A. in the field of Information Technology preferred, or equivalent in the combination of education and professional experience.
- CompTIA Certifications, Cloud Certifications preferred.
Where you'll be doing it?
This is a hybrid role and can be based out of either Pembroke Pines, FL, or San Diego, CA. As a hybrid role, you will be working onsite 2-3 days a week and working from home 2-3 days a week.
When you'll be doing it?
While there is some flexibility in the hours, this position will be Monday-Friday during regular business hours (approximately 8:00 am-5:00 pm). Occasional overtime may be required according to business needs.
Apply today to begin your next chapter.
Don't meet every single requirement? At Generali Global Assistance, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and enriching workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
California Residents - Privacy Notice for California Residents Seeking Employment with Generali Global Assistance is available here: https://us.generaliglobalassistance.com/privacy-notice-for-california-re...
The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all our employment programs and decisions. Discrimination in employment on the basis of any classification protected under federal, state, or local law is a violation of our policy. Equal employment opportunity is provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, genetic information, marital status, military status, HIV/AIDS status, mental or physical disability, use of a guide or support animal because of blindness, deafness, or physical handicap, or any other legally protected basis under applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment and hiring, classification, placement, promotion, termination, reductions in force, recall, transfer, leaves of absences, compensation, and training. Any employees with questions or concerns about equal employment opportunities in the workplace are encouraged to bring these issues to the attention of Human Resources. The Company will not allow any form of retaliation against individuals who raise issues of equal employment opportunity. All Company employees are responsible for complying with the Company's Equal Opportunity Policy. Every employee is to treat all other employees equally and fairly. Violations of this policy may subject an employee to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.