Job Description Summary
Sr Consultant for multiple complex projects, services and associated deliverables related to Network Solutions initiatives. May act as project lead for implementation and maintenance of large, often national-scale, complex projects. Ensure integration between BCBSA's various departments, Blue Plans and their customers, vendors and other business partners in project implementation and execution as well as ongoing project/program lifecycle.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leads and facilitates the execution of Network Solutions initiatives identifying operational implications and solutions.
- Performs all aspects of effective project management including organization, tracking, and communication within and across projects, identifying risks and solutions and others.
- Presents findings and recommendations to cross-functional teams, BCBSA management and leadership, and Plans.
- Interfaces effectively across Blue Distinction and other divisions.
- Leads Plan workgroups and develops related communications.
- Participates on cross-functional teams supporting Blue Distinction and other Commercial Markets initiatives.
- Delivers excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Functions as a liaison among internal, Plan, and external interests.
- Assists with strategy development and implementation.
- Identifies operational feasibility of proposed designs.
- Assess and synthesizes competitor programs' information as input to implementation decisions.
- Synthesizes implementation status of programs, identifies risks/issues and reports results for internal and external stakeholders.
- Creates and documents new processes and maintains and enhances documentation for existing processes.
- Keeps current on divisional, Association and industry trends and technical offerings/requirements to assure compliance and at times assume a leadership role.
Required Education, Certifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree Business, operations, healthcare administration or related field.
- 5 years related business experience.
- Prior experience working in a healthcare setting, e.g. healthcare association, healthcare delivery site.
- 3 years of experience managing large, complex projects.
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Experience/knowledgeable in leading cross-functional teams to achieve project and/or business goals, and build consensus for business results in a decentralized decision-making structure.
- Experience/knowledgeable in developing reports, process flows, procedures, summaries and other materials stemming from project management activities.
- Working knowledge and understanding of health insurance industry, national health care delivery and/or Plan operations.
- Project management skills.
- Time and resource management skills.
- Relationship management skills.
- Ability to partner with other business stakeholders to incorporate perspectives from other functional areas and consider alternative perspectives and approaches.
- Ability to manage competing needs of multiple stakeholders, including the ability to effectively execute priorities.
- Analytical skills; ability to acquire and organize data, deliver analysis and identify major findings.
- Interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills.
Preferred Education, Certifications and Experience
- Prior experience working with Blue Plans.
- PMP (Project Management Professional)
- Professional (PAHM) or Fellow (FAHM) of the American Healthcare Management.
People Management - No