Job Description Summary
Develops effective marketing communications to support member benefits education and FEP member engagement goals. Leads the review of internal and Plan FEP member communications and provides recommendations to Plans, vendors and key stakeholders to ensure compliance, and high-quality communications. Frequently collaborates with internal departments and Plans to inform communication plans and campaigns. Oversees the implementation of, and guides, the asset management solution or customer relationship management system to streamline communications and interactions throughout the entire customer life cycle. Support the automation of these processes and identify best practices.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop Open Season messaging and content for member education materials. Responsible for creating, improving and maintaining content to achieve business goals. Develop Open Season messaging and content for member education materials. Responsible for creating, improving and maintaining content to achieve business goals.
- Leads the review of FEP Plan and internal member communications, advising stakeholders on compliance with communication guidelines. Support the development of an editorial calendar and ensure subject matter experts are engaged in the process.
- Recommends and plans the execution of communications aligned with FEP strategic goals and objectives for year-round member engagement. Collaborates with marketing and design teams to plan and develop content, style and layout of materials. Liaise with content writers to ensure brand consistency.
- Oversees workflow of the Digital Asset Management content management system for the FEPDO. Serve as primary liaison between FEPDO and Plans and various partners, to ensure accurate uploading of assets, usage rights and facilitate maintaining and upgrading the system. Facilitates retrieval of previously cataloged communications. Archive assets as necessary, maintains accurate procedures and records for the system.
- Guides the print production, shipping, mailing and delivery of education materials to Plans and members. Strive to reduce expenses and increase productivity across suite of educational materials.
- Analyze research findings to inform content and design of FEP communications for Plan Language and Health Literacy, and member understanding.
- Authors reports containing actionable recommendations. Presents to Plans and management based on business need.
- Stay up to date with developments and generate new ideas to draw audience's attention.
Required Education, Certifications and Experience
- BS degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Health Literacy for Public Health Professionals
- Minimum of 5 years of experience (combination of education and experience) in content development and execution of direct to consumer campaigns and educational outreach
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the healthcare industry
- 2 years of experience with graphic design software such as Adobe InDesign and Illustrator
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, along with editing and proofreading skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills; ability to manage a flexible workload and ambiguous timelines.
- Data analysis, project planning, budgeting, vendor management, scheduling, and tracking skills.
Preferred Education, Certifications and Experience
- Plain language proficiency is preferred.
People Management - No