Role Designation: Hybrid - In office Tues & Weds-Chicago
The Senior Consultant for Sales Enablement is responsible for leading and managing small to mid-sizeprojects and portions of larger projects that support Plans' efforts to retain and increase NationalAccount business. A key responsibility is to manage time-sensitive customer specific responses to Planrequests related to RFPs/RFIs for national accounts. This requires the ability to collaborate across theorganization with subject matter experts and to synthesize information into sales-ready copy.The Senior Consultant for Sales Enablement will function as a project manager by keeping sales contentand support tools up-to-date incorporating emerging topics and sales needs, while ensuring accessibilityto a diverse and large team, in a fast-paced environment. In addition, the Senior Consultant for SalesEnablement will use their expertise in sales best practices to help Plans improve the value of thelanguage they share via BCBS collaboration tools. The Senior Consultant will establish strongrelationships with Plan contacts and produce high quality Plan communications that support increasedPlan sales to National Accounts.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- 1. RFI/RFI Business Process Management: As the primary contact for Blue SystemRFP contacts, he/she leads and manages BCBSA activities supporting Plans fornational account RFP/RFI responses. Accountable for delivering timely data toPlans meeting unique customer centric project deadlines. Project lead for salesenablement communications, including regular communications, RFPinformation and continued improvement to processes for continued salesenablement support for all Plans. Project lead for creation and delivery oftraining to further product acumen amongst the Plans.
- 2. Relationship Management: Responsible for establishing and maintaining strongworking relationships with key Plan contacts. Partners closely with ConsortiumHealth Plans, SMEs and others to identify communication needs, develop assetsand training/education materials to support sales enablement activitiesultimately driving increased national account sales. Creates and manages stronginternal cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders and businessowners of information necessary to support sales.
- 3. Sales and Marketing Positioning for Market Solutions Initiatives: Providestailored SME support (e.g., key messaging, toolkit materials) for individualinitiatives and/or across BCBS portfolio. Collaborates cross-functionally oncollateral and other activities that bridge marketing and technical requests(identifying additional needs, best practice sharing, toolkits, etc.) Collaboratesfrequently with B2B Marketing team, Network Solutions, Market SegmentPerformance and Intelligence, Consortium, and others as necessary. Managesrelevant technical support material (such as implementation guides). Appliesmarketing expertise to identify connection points amongst content to create thesalient sales inputs
- 4. RFP/RFI Leadership: Maintains a deep and broad understanding of RFPs/RFIsreceived by Plans from small to large national employer groups including currentand emerging customer requirements to enhance sales enablement tools andRFP support. Provides Plans with guidance to improve the value of theinformation shared in BCBS sales tools. Understands and communicates theroles of the consultant and broker community and develops solutions to meettheir expectations. Maintains a deep understanding of national programs andsolutions that are leveraged by Plans in response to customers' needs. Supportsthe Inter-Plan Collaboration Leaders Ancillary Group as needed
Required Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum 5 years of health insurance experience, including building health insurance purchaser/customer relationships.
- Experience with crafting responses to health insurance RFP/RFIs from employers, consultants and/or brokers.
Preferred Basic Qualification:
- Preference for Bachelors degree in business, management, communications and/or sales.
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills, including delivery of written papers and presentations.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and approach to problem solving.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, when necessary.
- Effective organization, presentation, negotiation, and communications skills (oral and written).
- Familiarity with national account sales process for health insurance highly desirable.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment and critical thinking relative to problem analysis/resolution at both the strategic and functional levels.
- Prior experience in a matrix environment or heavy cross-functional collaboration to achieve objectives.
- Experience with sales/marketing material development
- Ability to build effective relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Proven consensus building and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate challenging situations, politically savvy.
- Proven ability to develop key business partnerships both internal and external, including strong customer relationship skills and demonstrated interpersonal skills for building and fostering key relationships.
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced environment is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Blue Cross Blue Shield Association is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristics.