At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Sr. Coordinator, Medical Staff Office reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Credentialing and Privileging:
- Facilitate applicant interview and application release process.
- Assist with reappointment and renewal of privileges for the hospitals medical staff.
- Monitor tasks in MSOW database to provide status information to applicants/re-applicants and hospital or NMHC staff.
- Facilitate and manage the presentation of applications/reapplications and privileging to departments, committees, and to Board for final approval; assist with approval letters and activation of privileges.
- Process requests from medical staff for credentialing, demographic data, status and/or privileges changes.
- Manage the Focused Professional Practice Evaluation process for the hospitals medical staff utilizing MSOW database.
- Assist with investigation of issues/data analysis related to hospitals medical staff.
- Support and collaborate with NMHC medical staff administration and credentialing operations on development and maintenance of privileges forms and criteria related to the hospital and medical staff.
- Respond to inquiries from other healthcare organizations.
- Compliance and Governance:
- Maintain the bylaws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures for hospital and organized medical staff.
- Prepare for and participate in accreditation/regulatory reviews and ongoing compliance with regulatory standard.
- Perform internal audits of files received from NMHC central verification and primary verification office; prepare audit summary reports and provide to Manager on regular basis.
- Serve as primary administrator for correspondence to practitioners of the hospitals medical staff.
- Support the Sr. Vice President/Chief of Staff, and the officers of the organized medical staff.
- Facilitate and manage assigned medical staff committees, to include but not be limited to agendas, minutes and distribution of meeting materials.
- Serve as primary administrator for AMION call scheduling.
- Manage the collection of dues of the medical staff.
- Maintain the department page on NMI.
- Manage budget tasks assigned to include but not be limited to processing invoices, participation in annual budget planning, etc.
- Additional Functions:
- Support events of the medical staff and physician outreach, such as, Doctors Day, annual receptions, etc.
- Participate in medical staff and credentialing verification service meetings and training sessions as required.
- Undergraduate degree in healthcare related field or business administration
- Detail-oriented, organized, good judgment, self-motivated, ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Database management (Access) and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills (oral and written).
- Effective skills in developing and working relationships with diverse professionals, medical staff officers, department staffs, and other customers.
- Work in a fast-paced environment; meet ongoing schedules and deadlines.
- Recognize and maturely handle a variety of situations, often of a confidential or urgent nature.
- Certified, Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM); or equivalent experience to successfully obtain CPMSM certification within two years of employment.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.