Why work with us?
The North American branch of Generali Global Assistance offers a diverse and inclusive work environment while employees work towards making real difference in the lives of our clients. As an Organization, we pride ourselves with offering white glove service while being mindful of corporate responsibility and our environmental footprint.
Employees enjoy a plethora of benefits to include:
- A diverse, inclusive, professional work environment
- Flexible work schedules
- Company match on 401(k)
- Competitive Paid Time Off policy
- Generous Employer contribution for health, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid short term and long term disability insurance
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company-paid life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness programs
- Fun employee and company events
- Discounts on travel insurance
Salary Range: $135,000.00 - $160,000.00
* No H1B Sponsorships Available. No C2C OR Contract Work.
Who are we?
Generali Global Assistance is proudly part of the Europ Assistance Group brand and our products utilize a number of corporate and product brands. The brands for our North American team include the following:
- CSA: US travel insurance brand for retail and lodging partners. Learn more here.
- Generali Global Assistance (GGA): The primary Corporate brand in the United States for our travel insurance, travel assistance, identity and cyber protection, and beneficiary companion products. Learn more here.
- GMMI is the industry standard for global medical cost containment and risk management solutions. Learn more here.
- Iris, Powered by Generali: identity and digital protection solution. Learn more here.
- Trip Mate: US travel insurance brand for tour operators, cruise, and airline partners. Learn more here.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Data Engineer specializing in data warehousing and data quality practices, proficient in the Azure, AWS, and Talend toolsets to lead the dissemination and analysis of local and global datasets toward our future growth. As a Senior Data Engineer specializing in data warehousing, you will play a pivotal role in designing, implementing, and optimizing our data architecture solutions. Leveraging your expertise in Azure, AWS, and Talend, you will be responsible for building and maintaining robust data pipelines into local and global warehousing and data lake solutions. Ensuring data quality, reliability, and accessibility for our business partners as an analytical tool in understanding and analyzing the company's data.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and maintain scalable and efficient data warehousing solutions leveraging Azure, AWS, and Talend technologies.
- This individual is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining the infrastructure and architecture of efficient data processing and analytics platforms such as PowerBI.
- This role will be working with big data technologies and cloud platforms like AWS and Snowflake
- You will work cross-functionally with Data Analysts, Actuaries, Data Scientists and Platform Engineers to ensure data quality, data actionability and system efficiency.
- Create and manage data pipelines, ETL processes, and workflows to extract, transform, and load data from various sources into the data warehouse.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Implement best practices for data governance, data security, and data quality assurance within the data warehouse and application data environments.
- Optimize and fine-tune data pipelines from multiple database systems to improve performance, scalability, and efficiency.
- Conduct troubleshooting, debugging, and performance tuning of ETL processes and data warehouse systems.
- Collaborate with senior leadership across global platforms leading local and global data quality and Master Data Management setup, implementation, and practices.
- As a technical leader, you will work with the VP, Data Solutions and Datawarehouse Architect to create and data governance policies and improve existing Agile development processes.
Required / Desired Knowledge, Experiences, and Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in data engineering roles with a focus on data warehousing.
- 5+ years of building data pipelines in AWS or other cloud solution experience (good to have big data and distributed system knowledge)
- 3+ years of experience with multi-dimension warehouse design, SQL queries, and database data model design
- Expertise in designing, building, and maintaining data pipelines in Azure (e.g., Azure SQL Data Warehouse) and/or AWS (e.g., Amazon Redshift).
- Proficiency in Talend or similar ETL tools for data integration, transformation, and processing.
- Strong SQL programming skills and experience working with large datasets and complex data models.
- Solid understanding of data governance, data security, and data quality best practices.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Relevant certifications in Azure, AWS, or Talend are a plus.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
Where you'll be doing it.
100% Remote Role. Preferred residence for candidates would be San Diego, CA, or Pembroke Pines, FL
When you be doing it.
While there is some flexibility in the hours, this position will be Monday-Friday during regular business hours (approximately 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.). Occasional overtime may be required according to business needs.
Apply today to begin your next chapter.
Don't meet every single requirement? At Generali Global Assistance, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and enriching workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
California Residents - Privacy Notice for California Residents Seeking Employment with Generali Global Assistance is available here: https://us.generaliglobalassistance.com/privacy-notice-for-california-re...
The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all our employment programs and decisions. Discrimination in employment on the basis of any classification protected under federal, state, or local law is a violation of our policy. Equal employment opportunity is provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, genetic information, marital status, military status, HIV/AIDS status, mental or physical disability, use of a guide or support animal because of blindness, deafness, or physical handicap, or any other legally protected basis under applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment and hiring, classification, placement, promotion, termination, reductions in force, recall, transfer, leaves of absences, compensation, and training. Any employees with questions or concerns about equal employment opportunities in the workplace are encouraged to bring these issues to the attention of Human Resources. The Company will not allow any form of retaliation against individuals who raise issues of equal employment opportunity. All Company employees are responsible for complying with the Company's Equal Opportunity Policy. Every employee is to treat all other employees equally and fairly. Violations of this policy may subject an employee to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.