The Senior Architect reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The primary function of this position is to provide leadership, facilitation, analysis, design and execution of enterprise solution architecture across several architectural domains and ensure it is leveraged.
- Lead and mentor of other architects (business, information, application, software, technology).
Define key solutions and ensure they are managed.
Define principles to guide solution decisions for the enterprise.
Define models, including solution patterns, to guide solution decisions for the enterprise.
Create, document, and communicate the integration approach of all the components of the architecture
Analyze enterprise business context (trends and business strategy), as well as change requirements in other enterprise architecture viewpoints, to derive the enterprise solution architecture change requirements to guide solution decisions for the enterprise.
Research, analyze, determine capabilities and propose solution alternatives that address specific business needs and product/service strategies across Lines of Businesses.
Develop road maps describing the evolution of all enterprise solution portfolios from current state to future state.
Perform design reviews of solutions to ensure the design aligns and supports the specified architecture.
Consult with application or infrastructure development projects to harmonize systems or infrastructure with the enterprise solution architecture, and identify when it is necessary to modify the solution architecture to accommodate project needs.
Ensure that project management or solution delivery life cycle efforts and project architects specifically leverage all aspects of enterprise architecture (EA) - separately by enterprise architecture viewpoint (for example, business, information, application, software, and technology) and via guidance at the enterprise solution architecture level across those viewpoints.
Work closely with the enterprise program management office (EPMO), Solution Value Office (SVO), or project office to ensure alignment of architecture in plans and project delivery.
Understand and advocate the principles of business and IT strategies, as well as of enterprise architecture development and service delivery. Be prepared to "sell" the EA process (overall, not just for enterprise solution architecture), its outcome and ongoing results, and to lead the communication, marketing or educational activities needed to ensure enterprise solution architecture success and use
Review all project and enterprise solution architecture.
Demonstrate strong technical knowledge and familiarity with how portfolios of systems work together to create enterprise solutions.
Ability to establish and maintain a high level of trust, confidence and intellectual integrity with both Business and IT partners.
Support of enterprise tools needed for development and QA processes.
Work with each line of business to ensure the successful adoption and use of enterprise solutions including application frameworks, software reference architectures, frameworks, patterns, and standards. This also includes conformance to the strategies, reference architectures, and guiding principles.
Lead by example, influence and shape outlook and attitudes to facilitate change from a tactical to a strategic oriented enterprise.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent, MS preferred
- 6+ years of experience with architecting, implementing, and tuning large, complex SQL Server environments
- 5+ years of architecting and maintaining a big data platform architecture utilizing Microsoft Data & Analytics Services (SQL Server on-premise & Azure Data Services; Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL DW, HD Insight)
- Expert in architecting & optimizing performance on SQL Server 2014 & 2016
- Experience implementing and maintaining SQL Server High Availability Groups
- 5+ years of design, implementation, and/or support of complex application architectures (i.e. having an architectural sense for connecting disparate data sources, structured and unstructured data, etc.) required
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solution to the Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform
- Experience designing, implementing and maintaining data solutions in MSFTAzure
- Experience designing and developing scalable data ingestion and transformation systems in batch and near real time environments; i.e., Lamda Architecture
- Define and lead the implementation of a scalable, monitored data architecture for ingesting and transforming both structured, unstructured, and stream data
- Provide input on long term strategic vision and direction for the data delivery infrastructure including Microsoft BI stack implementations, NoSQL, and cloud-based computing strategies
- Evaluate current data platform and apply technical knowledge to create a data modernization roadmap and architect solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, orchestrating key resources and infusing key data technologies (e.g. Azure Data Services like Azure SQL DB, Cosmos DB, Azure SQL DW, and SQL Server)
- Implement a data lake which contains structured, unstructured, and semi-structured historical data used for data discovery, data science, and feature extraction for machine learning
- Extend data catalog that makes data sources accessible and used by engineers, analysts, planners and managers throughout the organization
- Develop proof of concept solutions around data services and storage to support complex challenges specific to organizational structures and requirements.
- Prior experience with Azure Data Lake and HDInsight is strongly preferred
- Providing ongoing technical guidance and direction for the development and enterprise database teams.
- Work closely with Operations, Business Intelligence and Analytics teams to solidify architecture roadmap and implementations including Big Data and advanced analytics