Senior Director of Workforce and Job Readiness (Reg FT)
Position Title: Senior Director of Workforce and Job Readiness (Reg FT)
Department: Dean of Student Development
Campus: College Wide
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than January 30, 2023. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Work Hours (for hourly positions): Monday - Friday; 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. Additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, may be needed to meet the needs of the department.
Salary Grade: Admin 16 - $64,070
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 5920
Job Open Date: 1/13/2023
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Establish and maintain a vision for an integrated career services and workforce preparation plan for the college that ensures students' career needs are met, that they develop skills in professionalism and career readiness, and that they participate in career related experiences throughout their life cycle. This plan should also ensure that student, college, and employer needs are aligned in the delivery of career related activities and services. Lead the deployment of this career development plan college-wide.
Requirements: Master's degree in counseling, student affairs, human resources, workforce development or related field and a minimum of five years professional experience. Ability to interact with students, faculty and employers in a professional community. Strong interpersonal, leadership, problem resolution, marketing, communication, writing, multitasking, presentation and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to develop and implement new and/or revised programs/services. Knowledge of local and regional job market and employer expectations. Ability to interact effectively as a team member and work collaboratively. Ability to listen to customers, understand their requests and respond positively. Ability to plan, coordinate, monitor and motivate. Knowledge of the career decision making and placement processes. Proficient in Microsoft Office and web. Previous experience as a manager. Excellent customer service skills. Ability to travel and be housed at any of the College's campuses or centers and to serve as backfill at enrollment related events and serve as a representative of the College at public and private events.
• Identify the needs of the local labor market and local industries and partner with them to establish on-the-job internship experiences for students.
• Strategically identify, build, and maintain relationships with corporate, nonprofit and public sector employers for recruitment of college students and alumni.
• Establish and foster relationships with community organizations such as Chambers of Commerce, external professional, community, and economic development organizations allow students and alumni to develop and hone their respective business networking, presentation, and leadership skills.
• Establish sensitivity, implicit bias and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic background training opportunities for students and the community at-large.
• Work with college and department leaders to maintain an understanding of the economics of CCAC's service region by tracking labor statistics, demographic data, and other prosperity indicators that can inform students' decisions about careers and career opportunities.
• Develop and implement regular systems of data collection, reporting, and analysis. Oversee the creation and implementation of a collection process for first-destination employment outcomes and an assessment and performance management program to measure the effectiveness of all Career Services activities and staff.
• Supervise career services staff members and deploy personnel resources to enact the college's career readiness plan.
• Travel to all CCAC locations regularly, conduct regular group and individual meetings with Career Services staff and consistently receive feedback from stakeholders to maximize the effectiveness of all Career Services activities.
• Supervise the compilation and report data on employer relations activities, assess employer relations efforts, and provide feedback as to the effectiveness of such efforts.
• Work with Discipline Deans to identify areas of opportunity for the development of new academic program offerings based on regional employment trends and demand.
• Coordinate and collaborate with workforce development team, division deans, department heads, faculty and others, to create a synergistic relationship between non-credit and credit to allow for pathways to credit.
• Monitor, implement, and maintain career service related technology.
• Plan, develop and administer career services programs and events such as seminars, group presentations, on-campus recruiting and job fairs for students, alumni and community members.
• Develop and implement College-wide programs and standards including consistent delivery of services, common marketing and instructional materials, employer development, advisory board administration and assessment of services.
• Serve as liaison between employers and students regarding recruitment opportunities and procedures.
• Prepares and administers department budgets; develops and submits monthly reports on activities and objectives.
• Develops and manages campus work-study programs in collaboration with the financial aid office.
• Serves on various councils and committees as needed.
• Performs other duties as required or as assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
Vaccination: Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human Resources.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://apptrkr.com/3799814
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.