The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for the preparation and review of analysis for various business unit leadership, the internal board of directors, and regional reporting. The position is also charged with accounting, budgetary, and financial analysis activities as well as preparing complex journal entries and advanced reconciliations. The Senior Financial Analyst supports the finance function of Northwestern Medicine through special projects.
- Meet accounting and financial objectives by preparing and reviewing analysis; identifying and evaluating trends; analyzing variances; initiating any corrective actions or adjustments.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports, schedules, commentaries and supplemental material to be used by management.
- Mentors and supports members of the finance team as an informal leader.
- Research and interpret changes in accounting and financial reporting policy, applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Research and understand changes in the regulatory environment and the potential impact on reporting. Review work prepared by other members when necessary, including analysis, financial reporting, journal entries, reconciliations, and audit work papers.
- Prepares analysis and support for management and the operating departments.
- Lead efforts to assess, modify, and/or develop and implement more timely and consistent processes/systems to increase efficiency, accuracy, and meaningfulness of information.
- Demonstrates knowledge in computer applications such as knowledge in databases, spreadsheets and word processing applications in a high complexity environment.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, adopting and implementing industry best practices, and participating in professional societies.
- Protect operations by keeping financial and patient information confidential.
- Supports the finance operation of Northwestern Medicine through special projects.
- Prepare complex financial reports and assist manager(s) to compile and interpret financial reports for investment and business decisions
- Guides cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions.
- Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; studying proposed changes in methods and materials
- Research, compile, and analyze financial data while organizing and maintaining database files for financial modeling
- Liaison with leadership to compile and review service line reporting while ensuring the integrity and completeness of reports
- Increase productivity by developing automated accounting applications; coordinating information requirements.
EOE Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Degree in Accounting or related field.
- 5+ years in finance role.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and analytical skills.
- Understanding of advanced accounting topics.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite.
- Advanced computing and knowledge in SQL and relational databases
- Master's degree in Healthcare Management, Business, MIS, Data Analytics, or related field
- CHFP certification
- Experience in a healthcare organization.
- Experience with an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, preferably PeopleSoft.