At Brookfield Properties, our success starts with our people. People like you.
We develop, operate, and manage more than 650 properties and 325 million square feet of real estate across the globe. It's a feat that wouldn't be possible without our team, a diverse group of creative visionaries and innovative experts who are relentless in pursuit of one goal: to ensure our buildings don't simply meet the needs of our tenants, residents, and communities — but exceed them, every day.
We know that a “one-size-fits-all” approach doesn't work when it comes to residential living. That's why, at Brookfield Properties, our portfolio features a wide range of options for any stage of life. And though our properties may be diverse, one thing is universal: all offer the unparalleled quality, service, and support our residents deserve.
If you're ready to be a part of our team, we encourage you to apply.
We are searching for a talented Senior HR Business Partner to be based out of our Washington, DC office!
Serves as a strategic advisor to the Regional VP, Operations, Regional Directors, and on-site managers within assigned geography. Provides support to leadership with particular focus on driving the talent strategy including talent acquisition, retention, engagement and development. Additionally, this role will work with HR leadership on key HR initiatives and projects relative to integration, change management and implementation of HR best practices.
- Partner with business leadership and employees to understand and anticipate business priorities and translate them into actionable human resources objectives, initiatives, and plans. Analyzes HR data and trends and provide insight to the business and making recommendations on people-related matters.
- Partners with business leaders and line managers to assess the business, processes, concerns, and challenges and ensure integrated HR solutions and strategies are aligned to business needs. Provide counsel to leaders and managers regarding people, policy and organizational decisions.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions). Manages employee relations issues including reviewing corrective actions, leading all phases of investigations, and approving terminations.
- Oversee Labor Relations issues such as union contract administration, grievances, and policy and procedures.
- Serves as an acquisition integration manager for the HR function, leading the HR side of acquisitions across the businesses. Support acquisition due diligence activities and cultural integration of newly acquired properties.
- Interpret and enforce HR policies, procedures, programs and guidelines in the areas of employee relations, performance management, compensation and benefits, learning and development, talent acquisition and other Human Resources areas. Ensures compliance with labor law requirements, state legislation, company policies, and procedures.
- This position requires an Undergraduate (Bachelor) Degree in Business, Human Resources, or related discipline.
- Additional Degree(s) that are preferred for this position include: Advanced (Masters) Degree in Business, HR or related discipline.
- Preferred Certifica