Job Description Summary
The Market Intelligence Senior Manager is a collaborative leader of the BCBSA's government programs market intelligence function and will drive insights projects that support BCBS competitive positioning in government markets (Medicare, Medicaid). The manager is a self-directed leader who is passionate about analyzing market trends and identifying strategic implications with regular cadence. The manager will fulfill a critical need to have a Medicare and Medicaid subject matter expert who effectively leads collaborative BCBS Plan meetings, engages with BCBS Plan executives, and maintains effective working relationships with BCBSA business partners. Additionally, the manager will provide operational oversight of all aspects of government markets intelligence and will be responsible for guiding and developing junior staff members.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead strategic assessments that contribute to BCBS committee agendas and drive executive dialogue; work collaboratively to guide project teams through all aspects of design, market research/analysis, insight distillation, and deliverable development across all deliverables.
- Regularly present strategic insights to internal and external audiences; use insights to influence and facilitate strategic dialogue on opportunities to advance BCBS System position in government markets.
- Partner and collaborate with internal and external executive clients to understand business needs, build relationships, and manage client satisfaction.
- Report on performance of system government initiatives and deliver data and analytics that demonstrate BCBS -system strength in Medicare and Medicaid and can be used in Plan sales and program materials.
- Mentor junior staff; regularly support coaching and development plan discussions.
- Manage and refine operational processes to ensure quality, accuracy, timeliness, and value-add of the suite of market and competitive intelligence deliverables.
Required Education, Certifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant discipline
- Seven or more years related business experience; including at least 3 years' experience in a market intelligence role
- Strong record of academic and professional achievement
- Experienced in presenting to and influencing executive audiences
- Experienced in project management
- Experienced in gathering and synthesizing information from secondary sources, as well as research through a range of executive and SME stakeholder interviews
- Experienced in leading assessments and guiding associated project teams
- Knowledge of Medicare and managed Medicaid insurance industry
- Familiarity with health insurance industry, knowledge of industry market segments (e.g., National Accounts, Small Group & Individual, and Medicaid);
- Experienced in utilizing MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel in the development, distribution, and presentation of strategic market insights to a wide range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated team-based approach in working collaboratively and leading in a matrixed environment
- Adept at analyzing data, generating insights, inferring strategies, and developing projections from secondary research
- Experienced with staff management and development
- Knowledge of leading market intelligence resources (e.g., syndicated research, data sources, publications), vendors, and experience with overseeing the associated budget
- Independent self-starter with creative problem-solving skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills, including demonstrated ability to operate, interact and influence at senior management level
Preferred Education, Certifications and Experience
- Master's Degree
- knowledge of Blue Cross and Blue Shield health plans
People Management - Yes