The Senior Voice Engineer works closely with other technology professionals to monitor voice systems, evaluate impact and troubleshoot problems to implement solutions, and assist in the optimization associated with systems on all voice and data communication issues. Directs or serves as a mentor to less experienced staff. Provides expertise and guidance on issues related to voice system needs that may cover contact center applications, internal infrastructure support systems, carrier services support, and any other adjunct contact and reporting applications. Remote and onsite support for our multiple call centers and locations is also required.
- Configures, tests, deploys, and maintains/upgrades unified communications/telephony systems.
- Performs adds/moves/changes and performs preventative maintenance on telephony systems.
- Proactively monitors and resolves potential service interruptions.
- Provides tier 2/3 support for telecom service requests and repairs received via service tickets.
- Create and maintain end-user training materials and documentation.
- Design and implementation of telephony systems and changes throughout the organization.
- Project Manages and owns the success or failure of the implementation of telephony systems.
- Procures equipment and maintains inventory levels at standards.
- Maintains telephone records and procedures and is the responsible owner for such information/documentation.
- Plans for and designs systems for future growth.
- Entails 5% travel to member communities and external customer sites as well
- Some on-call/off-hours availability is required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the Voice Communications field.
- Thorough understanding of Cisco Unified Communications, including Call Manger, Unity Connection, Unified Presence, Emergency Responder, and Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE).
- Ability to support all Unified Communications components including troubleshooting, configuration, optimization and design of a multi-cluster environment.
- Understanding of IPPBX features, IP phones, and the ability to train customers in their use.
- Solid data networking skills such as routing and switching with an emphasis on important voice concepts such as SIP, H.323, and QOS.
- Familiarity with high-availability design (failover systems and data replication).
- Experience with Cisco RTMT and Solar Winds monitoring (or similar product).
- Experience with telephony systems and services such as PSTN, ISDN, PRI, SIP trunks
- Technical knowledge of network & PC operating systems, including Windows 7/8/10, VMWare ESX Server, MS Server.
- Technical knowledge of current networking hardware, protocols, and telephony standards.
- Strong troubleshooting experience a must.
- The ability to think critically, learn quickly, deliver work on schedule, successfully resolve complex technical issues, and communicate effectively.
- Knowledge of incident & change management systems. Knowledge of ServiceNow service management system a plus.
- Healthcare industry experience a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in the field of Computer Science, Information Systems, or other computer related discipline.
- In lieu of a Bachelor's Degree, an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be accepted.
- Certifications in any or all of the following are desired: CCNA/CCNP-Collaboration, SSCA or SSVVP.
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years of experience