Food Services of America is currently looking for a Shipping Supervisor to join our expanding team. As a fast-growing foodservice distributor, Food Services of America treats our customers as the boss and our Associates as our most important resource. Our growth provides Associates opportunities to drive their career.
The Shipping Supervisor is responsible for overall supervision of employees performing work during the assigned shift, including but not limited to, label generation, selection and loading of all outbound product, slot replenishment, warehouse cleanliness, invoicing and safety.
- Direct and lead associates in a manner that is professional and in line with the Guiding Principles of the organization.
- Train, develop, and ensure the safety of associates through compliance with FSA Policies, safe work methods, and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure the performance of operations associates through preferred work methods and adherence to production standards and established goals.
- Ensure the accurate replenishment and selection of product for customer orders through preferred work methods and observations.
- Manage and balance staffing requirements for daily, weekly, and seasonal needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Good oral and written communication skills, ability to work well with all levels of the organization, to organize, prioritize, negotiate, manage and solve problems.
- Ability to work with computer programs associated with the performance of the position.
- Minimum of 2 years leadership/supervisory experience in a warehouse/distribution setting preferred.
- Warehouse management training preferred.
- Ability to pass a background investigation and drug screen.
- Must be available to work nights
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.