Why work with us?
The North American branch of Generali Global Assistance offers a diverse and inclusive work environment while employees work towards making real difference in the lives of our clients. As an Organization, we pride ourselves with offering white glove service while being mindful of corporate responsibility and our environmental footprint.
Employees enjoy a plethora of benefits to include:
- A diverse, inclusive, professional work environment
- Flexible work schedules
- Company match on 401(k)
- Competitive Paid Time Off policy
- Generous Employer contribution for health, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid short term and long term disability insurance
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company paid life insurance
- Employee Assistance program
- Wellness programs
- Fun employee and company events
- Discounts on travel insurance
Pay Range: $145,000.00 - $165,000.00 per year
* No H1B Sponsorships Available. No C2C OR Contract Work.
Who are we?
Generali Global Assistance is proudly part of the Europ Assistance Group brand and our products utilize a number of corporate and product brands. The brands for our North American team include the following:
- CSA: US travel insurance brand for retail and lodging partners. Learn more here.
- Generali Global Assistance (GGA): The primary Corporate brand in the United States for our travel insurance, travel assistance, identity and cyber protection, and beneficiary companion products. Learn more here.
- GMMI: the industry standard for global medical cost containment and medical risk management solutions. Learn more here.
- Iris, Powered by Generali: identity and digital protection solution. Learn more here.
- Trip Mate: US travel insurance brand for tour operator, cruise and airline partners. Learn more here.
What you'll be doing.
The Solutions Lead role is a high-visibility technical and implementation leadership role to support software solutions that serve our employees, distribution partners, and policyholders. You will be ensuring that our key insurance platforms have a roadmap as products, and standards that are followed both internally and externally and align features and capabilities with business objectives. You will work directly with key stakeholders internally and a team of contractors and a managed service provider(s). Addressing technical debt is a key component. This role includes designing, writing, coding, testing, and analyzing new and existing software programs and applications. This position will require close collaboration with external partners ensuring proper 24/7 support, SLA guidelines and roadmap strategy is in place in a proactive approach. The ability to influence is key as you navigate existing and future needs within a set of constraints. Having experience as a development manager will help, as well as working in a managed service environment. This is a role that will lead and influence several technological functions so full stack experience will be helpful.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Leadership - 60%
- Management of external partners from strategic planning down to delivery and support with a proactive approach.
- Defining solution and implementation plans in collaboration with enterprise architecture.
- Directing the development team in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of applications.
- Planning and documenting technical specifications for features or system design.
- Liaise with IT Team to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Generate statistics and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
- Collaboration between Development, QA, DevOps to ensure a SDLC that delivers scalable, performing, quality deliverables to our partners.
- Mentoring junior team members and ensuring they adhere to determined software quality standards.
- Excellent communication is a must as you will be presenting and influencing in all directions internally and externally, with some highly technical colleagues, and external business partners who are more interested in outcomes rather than technical details.
Software Development - 15%
- Consistently design, write, translate, code, test and monitor software programs and applications according to specifications and the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
Project Coordination and Support - 25%
- Align external partner deliverables and support with the internal team capacity, velocity and delivery ensuring predictable dates and support for live services.
- Collaborate with internal project management team in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software's business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures.
Required / Desired Knowledge, Experiences and Skills:
- 10+ years' experience.
- Excellent communication and business acumen skills with the ability to communicate to all levels within the organization.
- Strong experience with Spring Boot, JEE, IoC / DI, JPA, Hibernate.
- Strong experience with AWS services and infrastructure (AWS SQS, SMS, Lambda, API Gateway / Portal, Route56, EBS, Fargate, CloudFormation, Terraform, etc.).
- Strong practitioner of Agile methodology applications to SDLC.
- Prior experience interviewing end-users for insight on functionality, interface, problems, and/or usability issues.
- Experience with JBoss 7.0 or Wildfly, JMS, HornetMQ, RabbitMQ.
- Excellent understanding of design patterns, coding methods and best practices.
- Hands-on experience developing test cases and test plans.
- Understand principles and best practices of RESTful development.
- Databases: MSSQL, MySQL/Aurora, NoSQL / DynamoDB.
- Knowledge of the CICD, Pipelines, Maven, GIT, versioning, and release management best practices.
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows.
- Travel will be required
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information systems or related field preferred.
Where you'll be doing it.
This is a remote role.
Preferred residence for candidates would be San Diego, CA, or Pembroke Pines, FL
When you be doing it.
While there is some flexibility in the hours, this position will be Monday-Friday during regular business hours (approximately 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.). Occasional overtime may be required according to business needs.
Apply today to begin your next chapter.
Don't meet every single requirement? At Generali Global Assistance, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and enriching workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
California Residents - Privacy Notice for California Residents Seeking Employment with Generali Global Assistance is available here: https://us.generaliglobalassistance.com/privacy-notice-for-california-re...
The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all our employment programs and decisions. Discrimination in employment on the basis of any classification protected under federal, state, or local law is a violation of our policy. Equal employment opportunity is provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, genetic information, marital status, military status, HIV/AIDS status, mental or physical disability, use of a guide or support animal because of blindness, deafness, or physical handicap, or any other legally protected basis under applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment and hiring, classification, placement, promotion, termination, reductions in force, recall, transfer, leaves of absences, compensation, and training. Any employees with questions or concerns about equal employment opportunities in the workplace are encouraged to bring these issues to the attention of Human Resources. The Company will not allow any form of retaliation against individuals who raise issues of equal employment opportunity. All Company employees are responsible for complying with the Company's Equal Opportunity Policy. Every employee is to treat all other employees equally and fairly. Violations of this policy may subject an employee to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.