Would you like to work as part of a collaborative dynamic multi-disciplinary project team of subject matter experts and clinical specialists on a wide range of problems? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help clients and partners using secure available technologies?
As a SQL Database Administrator, you will collaborate as a part of a dynamic team and your responsibilities will draw upon database standards, controls, procedures and documentation, creating a secure and available database environment. Duties include disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data. The DBA is an integral member of the team and has a deep understanding of relational database systems including MySQL.
- Proactively identify solutions and work collaboratively with stakeholders to remediate in accordance to requirements
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously with emphasis on agility
- Ensure proactive service monitoring of alerts for infrastructure and applications, as well as operational readiness
- Support planning and coordination of updates, maintenance, changes, releases, incidents, and problem management activities to support these processes
- Maintain proactive health-check operations, service monitoring alerts, and comprehensive configuration documentation for all environments
- Maintain prioritized queue of requested enhancements. Ability to respond to and resolve database access and performance issues
- Assess and develop long-term strategic goals for production databases in conjunction with data owners and department managers
- Work with application development staff to develop database architectures, coding standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures
- Bachelor's degree from 4-year an accredited college or university in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of experience developing and administering MS SQL and MySQL Server databases
- 3+ years with MS SQL and MySQL Server side development including (SSIS, SSRS, SSMS, SSAS)
- Familiarity with Atlassian Products (especially JIRA, Confluence, and Bitbucket)
- Excellent knowledge of MS SQL Server (2000/2005/2008/2012)
- Experience in Troubleshooting and resolving database problem
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (specifically MS Access and Visio)
- Organized, critical thinker able to organize and format data for efficient query and storage processes. Besides, being efficient, must analyze complex problems and think strategically while maintaining a focus on detail and ensuring completion daily/routine tasks.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including preliminary credit and background check
- United States Citizenship
- Preferred Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of experience developing and administering MS SQL and MySQL databases
- 2+ years of experience building data warehousing solutions
- Expert skills in Atlassian products (especially JIRA, Confluence, and Bitbucket)
Managed Care Advisors (MCA), a rapidly expanding Managed Healthcare, Employee Benefits, Workers' Compensation, and Disability Management Company servicing Federal, Local and State government and private industry and public customers nationwide and across all US Territories.
The information provided above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work of the position. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a credit and criminal background check, and obtain and maintain confidential-level security clearance upon hire. We participate in the United States Federal Government E-Verify program to confirm the employment authorization of employee upon hire.
MCA strives to make our career site accessible to all users. If you need a disability-related accommodation for completing the application process, please contact MCA regarding accommodations.
MCA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal state or local laws as appropriate, or upon the protected status of the person’s relatives, friends or associates.
MCA abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
MCA abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.