Provide analytical support for the development of the Division's strategic initiatives including synthesizing, analyzing and summarizing large datasets via SQL, excel and Cognos. Conduct research on industry trends and summarize data to supplement findings. Collect, validate and analyze Blue Plan claim and enrollment data including the on-going development and maintenance of the Inter-Plan enrollment reporting process and other Market Solutions reporting needs. Support Association and Plan efforts relative to the delivery of national program initiatives through design, development and implementation of technical solutions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Query large complex data stores to analyze trends and support business decisions. Summarize and present findings to stakeholders via Excel and/or PowerPoint. Work cross functionally across multiple teams to understand and communicate outcomes. Analyze Plan specific and system-wide impacts and present to various audiences across BCBSA and Plans.
- Administer, maintain and provide technical oversight for quarterly Inter-Plan Program Enrollment (IPPER) processing. Maintain all databases, data collection and reporting processes supporting IPPER. Work with Blue Plans on a quarterly basis for successful submission of enrollment data and variance reports to ensure data accuracy proactively resolving any issues encountered. Support IPPER data adhoc queries synthesizing , analyzing and summarizing large datasets using SQL server and Cognos. Compile industry analysis using IPPER data to identify fortune 500 presence and other high priority industry analytics.
- Lead ongoing reporting efforts for various market solution initiatives such as for provider data quality reporting, various production reports, claim volumes, etc. Responsible for ensuring all reporting deliverables are met with high accuracy and leading any technical enhancements needed.
- Lead the development of business and technical processes and strategies to support National Programs initiatives including leading planning activities, develop project scope, oversee team efforts, develop and conduct training to ensure smooth transitions of all related components. The position will lead cross functional teams in documenting operating procedures and communicating outcomes to Plans and across BCBSA. This includes: Writing business requirements. Creating data models and based on data analysis and recommendations to enhance applications and/or emerging issues. Development of test plans and implementation and tracking of testing. Compiling materials and training end-users on new technology.
- Creation and maintenance of business documentation including, but not limited to, presentations, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), implementation guides, reference materials, training materials.
- Act as primary contact with several customers including internal technical staff and Plan business/technical staff in support of BCBSA applications.
Required Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree - Mathematics, Computer Science, databases/Information Management or equivalent work experience
- 5 years experience
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft SQL programming knowledge (SQL server)
- Tableau/Cognos reporting package experience
- Experience in productive meeting facilitation and communication
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, word, PowerPoint)
- Analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills; ability to summarize complex information and develop clear and concise communications for various audiences
- Relationship management skills; ability to work cooperatively and effectively with various levels of staff, including senior management, as needed
Preferred Basic Qualifications:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield or Healthcare Industry experience
- Experience working in a dynamic multi-disciplinary team environment that is customer oriented
- Demonstrated ability to frame problems and lead a team in solution development
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with key resource people whether internal or external
- Demonstrated ability to lead development and testing of technical capabilities, summarize, communicate and deliver major findings to management
Equal Opportunity Employer
Blue Cross Blue Shield Association is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristics