The Sr Consultant Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) leads mid-size projects and portions of larger projects to help develop strategic contracting opportunities to improve the economic and financial competitive position of the Blue System. Through data collection and analysis, interviews, application of expertise, literature reviews, supplier interaction and team interaction the senior consultant leads the structuring of supplier relationships which provide strategic and tactical solutions for Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies. Specific emphasis will be placed on procurement/sourcing and negotiating with suppliers to maximize value for the company.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Grows the category assigned both through the addition of new national agreements, agreement expansion and Plan adoption/utilization. Responsible for the day-to-day management of contracts assigned. Has the ability to acquire, organize, analyze and synthesize financial data and other information to identify and communicate key findings. Maintains financial viability and takes ownership of category.
- Leads mid-size projects and portions of larger projects to meet the needs of internal and external clients.
- Responsible for answering key business questions related to Blues BCBS business through various activities such as: data collection and analysis, interviews, literature reviews, supplier relations and team interaction
- Manages one to three national GPO categories. Able to lead major national RFPs from market analysis, contracting and marketing. Lead supplier business reviews and develop category strategy with management.
- Able to anticipate internal/external customer needs and propose and execute solutions
- Prepares reports, written materials, financial models, spreadsheets, promotional materials and presentations to support the work within categories assigned.
- Able to present, facilitate and complete supplier webinars.
- Able to create and write newsletter articles.
- Can direct the negotiations of major contracts under the supervision of their manager.
- Has a complete understanding of all sourcing process documentation-Plans and suppliers routinely through 1:1 communications, meetings, presentations, webinars, etc.
- Can successfully manage Plan workgroup meetings and support advisory groups, if needed, for their practice area.
- Conducts market research to validate category performance, identifies trends/new opportunities and is a subject matter expert within the category. Ability to interact with stakeholder staff and external suppliers to lead in collecting information and conducting interviews/surveys.
Required Basic Qualifications:
- A minimum of five years related business experience or a technical discipline
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline
- Must pass Academy of Health Management Level I within first year of employment
- Competency to acquire, organize and synthesize financial data and other information to identify and communicate key findings
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong project management skills
- Interpersonal skills; ability to interact with stakeholder staff and external suppliers to lead in collecting information and conducting interviews/surveys
Preferred Basic Qualifications:
- Familiarity with health financing industry and concepts highly desirable
Equal Opportunity Employer
Blue Cross Blue Shield Association is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristics