A Great Place to Work
Last year, we transformed the P2P payments industry with Zelle. 247-million transactions and $75-billion later, consumers love us as much as our amazing team of talented people. Come join the most INNOVATIVE FinTech company in Arizona.
This position designs and executes the installation of hardware and software, providing technical leadership and hands on support for internal systems. The positon will lead the engineering and administration of cloud and physical infrastructure. The optimization of systems configuration, monitoring, and performance, will be required. This position will provide technical leadership, oversight, standardization, and validation of systems and application architecture. The individual will also ensure management receives data necessary to make strategic and tactical decisions.
- Oversee all aspects of infrastructure integration including configuration of new and existing systems on multiple platforms, security, operating system administration, software installation, and maintenance and upgrades.
- Lead the integration of the Systems Administration team through an ongoing evolution and improvement, through tighter integration and collaboration.
- Lead enterprise automation efforts that will be implemented via Chef Automation.
- Act as a leader in an "infrastructure as code" migration
- Recommend system development tasks to include design, integration and formal testing.
- Create and maintain policies and technical documentation to ensure efficient planning and execution.
- Design, create and maintain comprehensive documentation of best practices for all implemented system configurations.
- Represent the Systems Group in Technology Review Boards ensuring that best practices and consistent methodologies are considered.
- Recommend and implement changes to existing hardware and operating system infrastructure including patches, users, file systems and kernel parameters.
- Diagnose and resolve hardware related server problems (failed disks, network cards, CPU, memory, etc.) and act as escalation point to troubleshoot hardware and operating system problems and suggest possible performance tuning.
- Work with database and application teams to gather requirements for new projects and expansion to existing applications.
- Provide software evaluation support.
- Work closely with other technical team members and departments to recommend solutions and resolve priority issues in timely manner.
- Seek out and implement new technologies to continually simplify the environment while improving security and performance.
- Reduce overall administrative costs by leveraging open source solutions and other innovative ideas.
- Interact with multiple internal customers and external vendors and partners to provide quality customer service.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation and act as escalation point for other Systems personnel.
- Support the company's commitment to protect the integrity and confidentiality of systems and data.
- Education or experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering
- Minimum 7 years work experience in a medium to large scale enterprise. Extensive knowledge with the following disciplines:
- Bash scripting and Ruby development experience
- Installing, configuring and operating software packages in both Windows and Linux environments, including Web applications, Tomcat, Apache, SSL, Certificates
- Server configuration, NFS Configuration, LDAP configuration and performance tuning
- Network troubleshooting (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, server ports, switches/routers, firewalls)
- Analysis and diagnosis of large-scale infrastructure for networking and I/O bottlenecks
- Designing and implementing security solutions inside and across secure networks
- NAS disk architecture, SAN or iSCSI storage
- Hands-on Chef Experience (able to write custom cookbooks)
- Linux Systems Administration (medium-large scale systems)
- Automation - Building, testing, & deploying on Linux and Windows operating systems using industry standard tools. (Bamboo, Cucumber, Jenkins, etc).
- Container technologies e.g. Docker
- Container orchestration e.g. Kubernetes, Swarm
- Familiar with source control management and how they are used in delivery (Git/BitBucket/SVN)
- Experienced with security and encryption protocols.
- Comfort with facilitating collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Ability to work and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of customer responsiveness, excellent documentation and communication skills and attention to detail
- Agile or other SDLC experience
- Additional related education and/or experience preferred
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow instructions and perform other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Working conditions consist of a normal office environment. Work is primarily sedentary and requires extensive use of a computer and involves sitting for periods of approximately four hours. Work may require occasional standing, walking, kneeling and reaching. Must be able to lift 10 pounds occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently. Requires visual acuity and dexterity to view, prepare, and manipulate documents and office equipment including personal computers. Requires the ability to communicate with internal and/or external customers.
Employee must be able to perform essential functions and physical requirements of position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Early Warning is an equal opportunity employer that takes affirmative action to employ, and advance in employment, qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans.