Job Summary and Primary Responsibilities
As a leader in spine surgery, NuVasive is in the business of helping patients every single day with award-winning solutions. But having world-class products doesn't help anyone if those products can't get to the doctors who insist upon using NuVasive's revolutionary technology. We are currently seeking a Senior Field Logistics Specialist to be responsible for coordinating the scheduling, tracking and delivery of critical medical device equipment within the Chicago area. This position acts as the key contact between our operations team, our development team, our marketing team . . . and ultimately our customers.
Applicants should love the excitement of getting a life-changing piece of technology from Point A to Point B - no matter what the obstacle! You should be detail-oriented and patient-centric. And because we can't deliver it if we don't have it, prior inventory management experience is helpful.
At NuVasive, we aspire to change a patient's life every minute. Come be a part of that mission!
Required Skills / Capabilities
- Uses considerable judgment and takes initiative to ensure our products arrive at the right place at the right time, every time
- Reads maps and route configurations
- Loads, unloads and stacks containers, materials or products
- Communicates with customers, hospital personnel and others daily
- Maintains records, reports and files
- Works well solving problems independently
Education and Experience
- Requires a high school diploma and a valid driver's license with a good driving record
- Must have the ability to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50lbs
- Medical device logistics experience and knowledge of local roadways
- Adept at interacting with customers and hospital staff
- Strong computer literacy. Experience with Windows OS (7, 8 & 10). Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.).
For roles that require access to hospital facilities, must be eligible for and maintain credentials at all required hospitals, including meeting any applicable physical requirements or vaccination requirements (including the COVID-19 vaccine, as applicable).
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The "EEO is the Law" poster options are available here . NuVasive's EEO policy is available here .
About NuVasive NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, with a mission to transform surgery, advance care, and change lives. The Company's less-invasive, procedurally integrated surgical solutions are designed to deliver reproducible and clinically proven outcomes. The Company's comprehensive procedural portfolio includes surgical access instruments, spinal implants, fixation systems, biologics, software for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative neuromonitoring technology and service offerings. With more than $1 billion in net sales, NuVasive has approximately 2,700 employees and operates in more than 50 countries serving surgeons, hospitals, and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com .