Job Summary and Primary Responsibilities
As Sr. Project Manager for the Spine R&D Surgical Intelligence team - from a strategic perspective, you'll manage the new product development and sustaining engineering processes by implementing and standardizing new tools that will drive more efficiency and predictability on projects. From a tactical perspective, you'll manage projects within the Surgical Intelligence group, acting as a liaison between the core project team and key stakeholders to drive visibility, accountability, and cross-functional task execution in alignment with the project plan. We work on high-performance, solution-oriented, collaborative teams that foster agility, innovation, trust, and communication.
We have an immediate need to add a valuable team member to our R&D project management team focusing on developing, sustaining, and commercializing our Surgical Intelligence technology. The role is best suited for a Project Manager with medical device development experience or experience in a highly regulated environment. The ideal candidate will have experience working on complex projects, including hardware and software development. Strong project management skills and experience with project management software are a must. An engineering background would be highly beneficial.
- Manage projects developing new products or services through sustaining engineering initiatives, from concept through commercialization
- Work closely with Engineering (mechanical, software, and system integration), Product Management, Marketing, Quality, Regulatory, Clinical, and Manufacturing in effectively delivering the roadmap.
- Develop, track and report on detailed project plans, critical path analysis, risk management, and project milestones to executive leadership and cross-functional teams
- Identify and facilitate the resolution of issues related to schedule, resources, scope, and risk assessment.
- Coordinate activities/tasks across all departments including, Marketing, Technical team, Quality, Regulatory Affairs, and Operations
Required Skills / Capabilities
- Must possess excellent project management and organizational skills, including demonstrated ability to develop and manage a project with a detailed schedule, establish priorities, work to deadlines and be able to control multiple projects with various technologies and in various stages of development.
- Proven success leading complex development projects in a highly regulated environment.
- Knowledge of the product development process. Experience in more than one area of product development: prototyping, design, integration, testing, and manufacturing
- Demonstrate ability, confidence, and strong communication skills to lead project and status meetings with internal cross-functional teams, executives and external partners.
- Extensive experience working in Microsoft Office suite and other project tools - MS Project, Word, Excel & PowerPoint. Experience in Jira, PPM Pro, or Smartsheet a plus.
- Capable of managing a constantly changing, varied task load with minimal supervision.
- A positive, servant-leader, team-oriented, and proactive attitude is essential.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree; or equivalent work experience
- PMP certification
- Change management certification is a plus
Travel and/or Physical Requirements
- Travel up to 25%
For roles that require access to hospital facilities, must be eligible for and maintain credentials at all required hospitals, including meeting any applicable physical requirements or vaccination requirements (including the COVID-19 vaccine, as applicable).
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The "EEO is the Law" poster options are available here . NuVasive's EEO policy is available here .
About NuVasive NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, with a mission to transform surgery, advance care, and change lives. The Company's less-invasive, procedurally integrated surgical solutions are designed to deliver reproducible and clinically proven outcomes. The Company's comprehensive procedural portfolio includes surgical access instruments, spinal implants, fixation systems, biologics, software for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative neuromonitoring technology and service offerings. With more than $1 billion in net sales, NuVasive has approximately 2,700 employees and operates in more than 50 countries serving surgeons, hospitals, and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com .