Assist in onboarding and training new employees. Peer review change control requests. Ensure the team is updating the application development tracking tool and source control. Other duties as assigned.
Team / Project Lead Track: Ability and desire to follow either an IT Project / Team Lead or Lead Architect career path as defined in the respective job codes. Provide support and guidance to the team regarding their operational and project assignments. Assist Level 3 team members to close performance and skill set gaps in order for them to advance. Provide senior level support in project, ad hock status / issues meetings and conference calls.
Team / Project Lead Track: Provide 24 x 7 operational support. Understands and practices agile application development methodologies. Maintain an appropriate level of understanding of how the teams code fits together with other systems with constant effort for improvement. Understands and properly utilizes escalation paths and procedures. Ability to support the majority of the team's application development solutions. Keep team resources focused on SPRINT items related to the fiscal year project list and service requests. Participating on RAT and technical bridge calls when necessary.
Team / Project Lead Track: Participate in capacity planning for fiscal project initiatives and services requests. Create internal process improvement initiatives within team's toolsets and workflows.
Lead Architect Track: Major contributor to the evolution of application development toolsets, source control, security model and full lifecycle management. Participate in capital project and service request design meetings to create scope statements and specification documents. Create and maintain the application development standards and best practices for the team. Perform code reviews. Follow the proper build and release processes. Responsible for managing all base code. Responsible for developing and managing all code generation tools. Wire frame new application development solutions for hand off to the Application Development team for completion of the build.
Research and Development
Lead Architect Track: Major contributor to the sandbox environment for new application development and interoperability technologies. Research and implement functionality within the current application development toolsets (i.e. Visual Studio, latest versions of CCL, web service wrappers) and those that have yet to be realized. Development & Support in Front End and / or Back End Disciplines: Front End (7+ years experience). HTML, CSS, Java Script, Client Frameworks, Photoshop, and Gimp. Back End (7+ years experience), C# / .NET, CCL, Web Services, SQL, Cache, WCF, Visual Studio (7+ years experience), TFS (7+ years experience), SQL Management Studio (7+ years experience), Visual Discern (7+ years experience), and Vault (7+ years experience). AA/EOE
- 3-10 years of professional experience with demonstrated progressive responsibility in software development, deployment and related backend and configuration technologies.
- Lead the effort to build out continuous integration and automated deployment pipelines in all aspects of NM IT applications
- Work with other NM IT team members to implement and maintain continuous delivery processes and technologies.
- Analyze and improve a process with a bias toward automation.
- Proactively monitor, identify, and escalate issues or root causes of systemic issues
- Manage ongoing proactive monitoring of support systems using monitoring tools and timely response to alerts to avoid outages.
- Continually improve support processes via root cause resolution, recurring support problems resolution, reduced manual effort and increased automation.
- Participate in critical incident response calls as needed including outside of business hours as needed.
- Develop tools and framework to improve operational efficiency and anomaly detection
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with other team members at multiple levels of the organization
- Improve system compliance through automation.
- Demonstrate proficiency in multiple DevOps related tools and technologies.
- OS - Windows, Linux
- DevOps Tools - TFS Release Management, Kubernetes, Docker
- Source Control - TFS, Git
- Scripting - PowerShell, Bash
- Data - SQL, NoSQL
- Nice to Have: Understanding of VMware VRA/VRO, Chef/Puppet, Solar Winds
- Strong technical documentation skills
• Bachelors in Computer Science or related field.
• 7 or more years application development experience.