A clinically competent, registered, professional nurse who prescribes, delegates and coordinates nursing care to the mother and newborn through the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation and evaluation. Effectively interacts with patient, significant others, and other health team members, while maintaining ANA standards of professional nursing practice.
T o p 4 re a s on s to j oi n D el n or H o s p i t al 's L & D d e p ar t me n t .
1 . W e h a v e t op d e c i le e n g ag e m en t s c or e s .
2 . W e h a v e a g re at m i x of n o v i c e t o e x p er t L & D R N s as we l l as l on g e v i t y in t h e o r g a n i z a t ion and a l so su p p o r t n e w a d d i ti o n s t o t h e t e a m .
3 . A s a M a g n et or g an iz a ti on ou r R N s ar e v a l u a b l e co n t r i b u t o r s t o b e st pr a c t i c e s a n d qu al i t y ou t c o m e s f o r pa ti en t e x pe r ie n c e .
4 . W e h a v e s t r on g n ur si n g t e am re l a ti o n s h i p s .
Full-time Nights: 7p - 7a, rotating weekends and holida y
Anchored by Northwestern Memorial Hospital, the No. 1 hospital in Illinois seven straight years by U.S. News & World Report , Northwestern Medicine's integrated health system is on a relentless pursuit of better healthcare. While each of our ten hospitals and over 400 clinic and administrative locations has a unique story, we all share the same vision: To serve Patients First.
Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital is a 159-bed acute-care facility and a recognized leader in clinical quality and patient-centered care. The Delnor Hospital medical staff includes more than 450 physicians in 80 specialties. Advance to a better career with Northwestern Medicine.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action
- Graduate of an accredited school of Professional Nursing
- BSN required for all new hires
- RN License in State of Illinois
- BLS upon hire
- NRP within 6 months of hire
- ACLS within 6 months of hire
- One year of relevant experience.
- Completion of intermediate and advanced fetal monitoring courses by the Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN)
- Inpatient Obstetric Nursing certification