Job Description Summary
The Strategic Sourcing Manager for Group Purchasing Organization [GPO] will proactively engage, drive strategy in line with corporate objectives and manage a portfolio of BCBSA suppliers to extract maximum value for the organization from existing contracts and relationships. This includes negotiation and regular interaction with management from strategic and preferred suppliers, as well as internal and external customers. You will lead highly visible projects and portions of larger projects within BCBSA as well as helping to develop strategic contracting opportunities to improve the competitive position of the nationwide Blue Cross Blue Shield System, assisting in the economic and financial analysis of these opportunities. Through market research, data collection and analysis, risk evaluation, team interaction and project management you will be responsible for structuring supplier relationships which provide strategic and tactical solutions for BCBSA, all Blue Cross Blue Shield Companies and the Blue System nationwide.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager is responsible for developing strategies to improve the enterprises cost structure. This resource will optimize external spend through early involvement in the sourcing lifecycle developed through strong partnership with business stakeholders. The Strategic Sourcing Manager is responsible for identifying opportunities to aggregate enterprise demand to drive value. The Strategic Sourcing Manager should have knowledge of category management practices, experience in negotiating complex contract/agreements, vendor management skills and demonstrated expertise cross categorically. The Strategic Sourcing Manager can demonstrate strong business judgment, integrity, financial acumen, and project management skills. Sourcing Managers are responsible for the delivery and management of the Request for Proposal [RFP] process for those categories or Sourcing engagements that they manage.
The Sourcing Manager is the central point of contact who understands the interests of BCBSA, services business owners.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop Sourcing management strategies using proven analytical methods and procedures
- Grows category assigned both through the addition of new national agreements, agreement expansion and Plan adoption/utilization. Responsible for the day-today management of contracts assigned. Has the ability to acquire, organize and synthesize financial data and other information to identify and communicate key findings.
- Ability to lead major BCBSA and national RFPs from market analysis, contracting and marketing. Lead supplier business reviews and de velop category strategy.
- Engage key stakeholders nationwide, internal business partners and suppliers through various communication channels, meetings, presentations, webinars, conference calls and individual meetings
- Communicate, and drive Sourcing management strategies.
- Collaborate with key business stakeholders to understand business requirements and Sourcing performance and implement appropriate Sourcing management strategies both nationally for the BCBS System as well as internally for BCBSA sourcing activities.
- Deliver financial optimization by driving compliance to contractual agreements.
- Ensure compliance with enterprise policies and procedures.
Required Education, Certifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- 6 years of experience
- Minimum 8 years negotiating and managing sourcing engagements
- Work experience in Category Management, Supply Chain, Sourcing Management or Procurement, including all aspects of strategy sourcing development and execution
- Experience of successfully conducting a range of negotiations across a variety of categories
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of procurement policies and regulations
- Strong advocate, familiarity and technical competence with P2P management software
- Solid working knowledge of current non-IT, total lifecycle cost structures and pricing mechanisms
- Effective contract lifecycle management and negotiation skills
- General knowledge of accounting, finance, marketing, and logistics
- Competency to manage priorities in delivery, product demands, and procurement timelines through analytical capabilities
- Adept at benchmarking and conducting research into product and service-related issues
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial
- Advanced skills in sourcing of the procurement lifecycle e.g., strategic thinking in development of sourcing approach/route to market, analyzing and understanding market dynamics, analyzing and understanding internal dynamics, negotiation strategy, evaluation strategy, financial analytics & modelling, risk management and supplier integration/mobilization
- Relationship management skills: ability to build relationships with suppliers, and contractors who provide a broad spectrum of IT products and services
- Strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take ownership of projects/categories/contracts assigned
- Ability to acquire, organize and synthesize financial data and other information to identify key findings
Preferred Education, Certifications and Experience
- Experience in managing US government procurements
- Experience in Health Care or related field