Southeast Gas has an immediate opening for Superintendent of Operations at its Enterprise Office.
Responsibilities for the job include:
• Responsible for a staff of approximately 50 employees.
• Prepares and presents proposals for new projects to Director of Operations.
• Approves all construction for new service lines as well as repair and maintenance of existing service lines.
• Assures division’s compliance with all local, state and federal codes and regulations required in the industry.
• Facilitates necessary training and development of personnel.
• Maintains high degree of public relations through involvement in area.
• Extensive gas system planning and management.
• Direction of all operations functions, including: service, installation, construction, customer service, and meter reading.
• Natural gas code compliance.
• Communication with the public at executive level.
Requirements for the job include:
• Managerial experience within the natural gas industry preferred.
• B.S. Degree in Engineering preferred; Business Administration or closely related field will also be considered.
• Possession of a valid Alabama Driver’s License.
• Enterprise residence preferred.
• Competitive pay.
• Generous vacation and sick leave accruals.
• Employer-paid health insurance for employee (100%) and family coverage (77%).
• Employer-paid short-term and long-term disability plan.
• Employer-paid life insurance (2 times salary).
• Employer-paid retirement (5% base pay).
• 457 deferred compensation plan with employer match (5%).
Interested applicants may apply online at the Southeast Gas website at southeastgas.com/careers/ or may submit a resume to Southeast Gas, Attention: Corporate Services Department; Post Office Box 1338, Andalusia, Alabama 36420. The deadline to apply for this job is Monday, October 30, 2023.
Southeast Gas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.