At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Supply Chain Manager reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Leads day to day supply chain operational activities.
- Creates and implements strategic standardized supply chain processes throughout the health system.
- Assists in creation of departmental budgets and managing to or below budget.
- Leads supply chain health system teams in the creation of standard processes and standard work.
- Identifies and deploys best in class supply chain technologies in a standardized manner throughout the health system.
- Leads teams that perform 5S events and set the foundation to sustain using audits, standard work, KPIs and teaching Managing for Daily Improvement.
- Create new department and new hospital on-boarding programs to ensure smooth and successful transitions of departments and organizations into the health system supply chain model.
- Creates analytical tools for hospital managers to ensure inventory levels are being optimized.
- Analyzes and interprets various sets of financial, statistical, and managerial data and formulates recommendations.
- Creates optimal and standardized practices for off-site clinics and courier services.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in Business, Finance, Accounting, Management Engineering, Hospital Administration or related field) or Six Sigma/Lean Black Belt and equivalent work experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of project management experience preferably in Supply Chain Operations (purchasing, inventory, distribution, accounts payable), in a multi-site healthcare setting.
- Excellent computer skills and data management in operation systems and standard application software.
- Proven leadership skills, solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Management Engineering, Hospital Administration or other related field.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.