Position Summary: Has a dual role as combining being responsible for strategic purchasing and logistics. Directs and coordinates activities for strategic sourcing and fulfillment of raw materials, components, semi-finished product, finished goods, capital equipment and all required materials by performing the following duties personally. Reporting disciplinary to the Executive Vice President and additionally non-disciplinary / functionally to the Global Head of Purchasing as far as direct materials is concerned and to the Global Head of Production as far as logistics is concerned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Management Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide leadership to personnel within the Team to identify opportunities to meet company objectives for creation of a strategic sourcing, value, supply chain improvement and internal/external customer satisfaction; research best practice, best quality and schedule • Liaise between suppliers, relevant internal departments and global purchasing and logistic departments
• Manage purchasing, receiving, production logistic and shipping teams, assuring on time delivery, avoiding stock outs including planning and managing departmental budgets
• Assure USMCA customer expectations regarding compliance documents are met and provide limited customer service as required
• Support IATF16949 and ISO14001 activities while creating and maintaining accurate quality system documents
• Coordinate improvements within Team
• Assure best practice KPIs are in place, reviewed and assure implementation of corrective action plans as needed
• Perform other duties as required or assigned
Purchasing Responsibilities (technical reporting to Global Head of Purchasing):
• Develop, coordinate and implement a sourcing and supplier selection strategy for direct and indirect materials in coordination with global purchasing
• Identify and establish mutually beneficial strategic relationships with key suppliers who are aligned with company goals
• Coordinate cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking
• Forecasting price trends, market trends and their impact on future activities
• Assess, manage and mitigate risks
• Identify and managing local and global cost reduction potentials
• Perform other duties assigned
Supply Chain Responsibilities (technical reporting to Global Head of Production):
• Create, implement and report agreed upon logistic direction for the company aligned with global logistics strategies
• Coordinate supply chain (inbound and outbound) using SAP and best practice
• Assure management of material supply and storage of external warehouses while maintaining safety stock using properly followed work instructions and best practices
• Assure management of Finished Goods for all locations including warehouse to warehouse transfers
• Maintain inventory records, spot check inventory and audit external warehouses
• Lead 5S activities in Team to maintain consistent housekeeping and organization and address safety issues for equipment assigned to department
• Coordinate quotes annually or as appropriate to meet local and global supply chain cost reduction goals. Contain or reduce shipping costs in line with expectations
• Perform other duties assigned
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
Continuous Learning - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development
opportunities. Seeks feedback to improve performance. Shares expertise with others. Strives to
continuously build knowledge and skills.
Customer Service - Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional customer
situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback t