The supply chain manager position manages all aspects of purchasing, production planning and scheduling, inventory, shipping and receiving; designs and executes strategies and plans to meet companys short-term and long-term supply chain management/production control requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Implement a fully functional supply chain management/production control infrastructure.
- Maintenance and accuracy of data in computer system (input and issuance from inventory, reporting, etc.)
- Inventory control.
- Production planning/scheduling.
- Distribution and logistics.
- Shipping and receiving.
- Ensures physical inventory counts are completed regularly and in a timely manner
- Orders office and dental supplies on a continuing basis in order to maintain appropriate inventory levels
- Ensures products are delivered in a timely manner and that the quality of the product is satisfactory
- Checks invoices for accuracy and authorizes the A/P department to issue payment
- Negotiates with contractors on price, shipping and delivery time
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Project Management.
- Performance Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Technical Capacity.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Business Acumen.
- Decision Making.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
This position requires up to 25% travel which will include air travel out of state.
Required Education Skills and Experience
- 4-year degree preferred, with minimum 3-5 years supply chain management experience.
- Experience with purchasing, expediting, quality/continuous improvement initiatives, safety practices and relevant software applications.
- Strong verbal and digital communication skills
- Must be an exceptional teammate with the ability to work in a cross departmental capacity
- Demonstrated ability of staying within a given budget and holding others to a budget
- Familiarity and proficiency with accounting software packages; NetSuite experience is a BIG plus