Maintain proper inventory levels throughout the production cycle of the organization's product. Pull or replenish inventory to satisfy organization needs. Ensure shipment and delivery time schedules are maintained. Investigate and correct inventory discrepancies. Work with inventory control specialists to perform periodic review of inventory stock, recording quantity, type, and value of materials on hand. May maintain central stores, parts ordering and tracking, and make P-card purchases for materials.
- Able to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in or from standardized situations.
- Able to perform arithmetic, algebraic, and geometric procedures in standard practical applications.
- Able to read and interpret work instructions.
- Able to read safety rules, instructions in the use and maintenance of shop tools and equipment and methods and procedures in mechanical drawing and layout work.
- Able to communicate effectively in writing using proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar, using all parts of speech.
- Job requires ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.