At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
*Remote Eligible inIllinois, Iowa, Indiana, Wisconsin, and Missouri*
*Monday through Friday with flexible day schedules*
- Operational and technical analyst, supporting the revenue cycle functions of Northwestern Medicine and the system technologies utilized by the PB Coding department (i.e. Epic, Optum ClaimsManager, etc.)
- Partner with business owners across the revenue cycle, clinical leadership, and IT to identify and analyze the root cause of user and system issues.
- Submit and track system requests, and submits system enhancements and new edits, and participates in system upgrades (i.e. Optum Claims Manager).
- Develop efficient workflows and claim scrubber edits, and implement technology solutions within the revenue cycle's operating systems
- Additional responsibilities as required by role to include, but not limited to:
- Documentation of policies, procedures, and subsequent workflows/issue resolution
- Historical data extraction for risk, trending, and forecasting analysis
- Quality and productivity metrics for internal & vendor assessment
- Liaison between revenue cycle operations, clinical leadership, IT and finance departments
- Epic system configuration of routine maintenance items for PB coding, including but not limited to: public reports, work queues, revenue structure, validating IT build.
- Cross-department project management, workflow education, and end-user training.
- The Analyst II is responsible for the preparation and review of analysis for various PB Coding leadership and external customers by creating a reporting dashboard (PB Coding and Charge Capture Dashboard).
- The Analyst II supports the finance and PB Coding functions of Northwestern Medicine through special projects.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, adopting and implementing industry best practices, and participating in professional societies.
- The Analyst II will be also report directly to the Manager of PB System Integration and serve as a back-up to the Manager when needed. In doing such, the Analyst II mentors and supports members of the PB System Integration and PB Coding team as an informal leader.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with relevant experience in addition to the position's minimum requirements
- Minimum 5 years relevant healthcare, business, IT operations
- Epic certification in at least one software module
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Project Management experience
- Previous experience with physician coding or Epic Resolute Billing
- Proven excellence in communication, presentation, and organizational skill
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to multi-task, work both independently and collaboratively with high attention to detail, and adapt to changing customer service needs
- Thorough knowledge and experience utilizing EPIC (Resolute professional billing system strongly preferred)
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certification or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.