Job Description Summary
Responsible for the design, development and implementation of advanced technology systems and data standards to meet the needs of business and integrate system and evolving technologies. Partners with customers to define and elaborate business requirements to achieve full integration of software products and evolving technologies to balance multiple project priorities and business objectives. Supports and interacts throughout BCBSA with frequent participation in cross-functional teams. Provides services for Blue Plans, Inter-Plan Programs, and other BCBSA staff and represents BCBSA and Plans on committees.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Validate and ensure business requirements are thorough, detailed, and concise. Ensure exceptions to the above are documented and approve by management.
- Responsible for all SA artifacts, per EPMP guidelines are developed, reviewed and signed off. Responsible for tagging System Use Cases. Ensure exceptions to the above are documented and approve by management.
- Provide support to business and serve as the SME for applications.
- Provide forecasts and detailed estimates for SA activities and artifacts.
- Responsible for providing weekly status, on time, to all stakeholders.
- Responsible for researching customer issues and escalating risks/issues appropriately and in a timely manner. Test and investigate issues to determine the appropriate resolution.
- Complete assigned responsibilities and prepare for team meetings Responsible for attending team meetings with attention to punctuality, and effective usage of time. Ensure timesheets are completed accurately and time is reported regularly with the proper allocation of time spent on projects.
- Participate in department standards/templates and skill development. Act professionally and foster positive relationships with other groups. Serve as a coach/mentor to department staff regarding how to develop and adopt department standards. Responsible for identifying/vocalizing areas for improvements, implementing process improvements and ensuring long term compliance. Contribute to the creation and maintenance of structured design methodologies and processes for the department.
Required Education, Certifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field, or equivalent work experience in similar work environment.
- Minimum of 7 years of IT work experience focused in systems development, analysis and programming
- Experience with one or more of the following: COBOL, CICS, IMS, DB2, MQ, BPM/HIPAA validator such as Vitria, J2EE, WebSphere, Oracle, SQL, Cognos, Visual Basic, Jira, XML, Crystal, PeopleSoft, HTML, MS Access, designing data warehouse, data pipelines, reporting environments, data modeling including use of data modeling tools, and data governance
- Experience as a team lead or member on project teams in a cross functional environment
- Advanced analytical skills
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal and communication skills to cultivate positive working relationships
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs
Preferred Education, Certifications and Experience
- Experience coaching junior technical staff
- Experience in an Agile software development environment
- Experience working with cloud-oriented tools and environments
People Management - Varies