For over fifty years GovExec has provided news, data, and services to government leaders and those who do business with them. We support those working in federal, state, local, and defense agencies in their missions to serve the American people.
GovExec is seeking an experienced Systems Administrator who’s eager to use and grow their technological skills on a nationwide network. In this role, the successful individual will protect our critical information, systems, and assets, build solutions, provide advanced technical support to the helpdesk, implement new software and hardware, and provide training. From early on, you’ll be given challenging assignments, lead initiatives, and take ownership and responsibility.
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware.
- Work closely with and serve as an escalation point for the HelpDesk on technical issues and ensure that helpdesk staffing/availability is maintained.
- Perform server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring.
- Monitor data center health and respond to issues as they arise.
- Own projects, solutions, and key responsibilities within the internal IT group.
- Partner with internal and external partners to communicate project status, activities, and achievements.
- Handle business-critical IT tasks and systems.
- Perform routine/scheduled maintenance of IT systems.
- Be a leader in promoting a good culture within the IT and Operations teams.
- Proven work experience as a Systems Administrator in a large scale, distributed IT network.
- Experience with or knowledge of programming languages; Python preferred.
- Familiarity with Windows, MacOS and Linux operating systems.
- Experience maintaining enterprise backup systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory and Azure Active Directory.
- Experience with Hyper-V Virtualization.
- Experience in project management.
- Familiarity with large, distributed enterprise networks.
- Familiarity with cloud computing (specifically Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS).
- Familiarity with cybersecurity and information security best practices.
GovExec’s data and insights set the standard for depth, accuracy, and impact for government leaders and contractors. As the market-leading information and intent-based marketing platform, for over fifty years GovExec has empowered the government ecosystem to engage and support government leaders as they work to achieve their missions across federal, defense, and state and local agencies. Our strategic sales enablement and intent-based marketing solutions accelerate revenue growth to fuel market success. The platform is powered by the largest and most sophisticated database in the public sector, GovExec’s platform reaches 3.3 million government influencers each month and provides its marketing clients with a significant competitive advantage in driving higher conversion and growth.
Working at GovExec
At GovExec, we believe that a new era of work -- particularly when, where, and how it gets done -- has arrived. We are building a hybrid workplace that allows for greater freedom and flexibility while also fostering a collaborative culture, no matter where you are working. GovExec offers permanent remote work in 20+ states across the US, as well as the option to work out of one of our offices based in Washington DC, New York or San Diego. GovExec also offers a range of great benefits including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Open time off policy
- Twelve weeks paid parental leave
- Supportive, collaborative teams
- Unique opportunity to help government officials from a private sector company
- Expansive learning and development opportunities
GovExec recruits talent for four salient attributes or qualities:
- Soul of Entrepreneurship
- Culture of Inclusion
- Force of Ideas
- Spirit of Generosity
The compensation range for the role is $100,000 to $115,000 per year.
Government Executive Media Group, Inc. and its affiliates ("GovExec") are Equal Opportunity Employers. We do not discriminate against our applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by applicable law.