Job Description Summary
Responsible and accountable for overall delivery of Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) technical solutions initiatives. Serves as the single point of contact within EIT for delivery of complex technology solutions. Works cross-departmentally and cross-organizationally to ensure the successful delivery of EIT technology solutions initiatives. Position requires daily interaction with Plan staff. Ongoing interaction with peers, staff and customers, governance and workgroups; participation in some Plan workgroups.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Technical Solution Delivery: Accountable for overall technical solution delivery for assigned initiatives. Serves as the central point of contact within the organization for successful delivery of assigned overall technical solutions. Responsible for EIT cross functional coordination (Systems Analysis, Software Engineering, Performance Engineering, Product Verification, Service Delivery, Customer) to ensure overall delivery objectives are met. Serves as the primary point of contact for Business, Senior EIT Management, and EPMO to ensure successful overall EIT technical solution delivery.
Solution Delivery Controls: Establishes and maintains effective overall controls for technical solution delivery initiatives. Works with business and EPMO to define overall solution scope. Works with EIT functional teams to estimate requested scope and identify team resource work capacity. Balances scope estimates and capacity to ensure overall technical solution delivery can be successfully accomplished. Works with business and EPMO areas to address any gaps in scope verses capacity. Works with all teams to identify and document technical delivery milestone dates. Reviews estimates and verifies cross-team consistency. Accurately documents and manages assumptions for technical solutions delivery. Concisely and clearly provides status updates on technical solution delivery initiatives. Ensures adherence to all technical solutions methodology processes and practices, including reviews, walkthroughs and sign-offs.
Leadership: Provides overall cross-team leadership to drive technical solution delivery to a successful conclusion. Works proactively to identify and address issues. Works with all EIT teams and BCBSA teams, to identify and implement solutions to issues. Maintains momentum of all teams to achieve overall technical solution delivery.
Relationship Management: Works across all teams in a collaborative and effective manner. Navigates solutions to issues with a win-win approach, where all stakeholder needs and inputs are considered and balanced. Maintains positive and constructive working relationship with all participants in the technical solution delivery initiatives.
Application of Technical Skills: Works on an as-needed basis as a hands-on technologist, applying technical skills in the development and delivery of technical solutions. Follows established technical solutions methodology processes and practices throughout the technical solutions delivery initiatives.
Required Education, Certifications and Experience
- High School Diploma/GED, Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 10+ years of IT work experience including application system design and implementation.
- Experience developing and integrating technical solution components.
- Experience in executing and delivering within the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Experience working in collaborative manner with project and program technical, business, and cross-functional teams providing technical expertise, guidance, coaching and coordination with the Product Owner (PO) and other technical leads.
- Experience with system metadata and reference data, Experience with data structures: Structured/Unstructured.
- Experience with independently creating presentation materials and presenting them to both technical and business audiences.
- Experience with multiple development methodologies, including RUP and Agile.
- Experiencing with managing hybrid teams (remote and on-site) as well as oversight over offsite consultants (vendor management).
- Experience with developing highly scalable and fault-tolerant applications that adhere to expected standards and discipline from a security posture.
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and planning skills.
- Strong technology project management skills.
Preferred Education, Certifications and Experience
- Masters Degree.
- Familiar with SQL, DDL, DML, JSON, JAVA.
- Familiar with Jira.
- Ability to obtain a keen understanding of business requirements , u se cases and policies for storing data by reviewing project level documentation and working collaboratively with project teams to develop requirements for data storage, processing and archival.
- Strong understanding of AWS Cloud Services as well as on-premises database types: DB2, NoSQL, Relational, data warehouse, DMS, Serverless, DocumentDB, data lake, S3.
- Experience with data integration, database architecture and data governance.
- Experience with Systems architecture background.
- Experience with delivering technical enablers to meet Product Team requirements for securing, storing, and processing data.
- Experience architecting, designing, developing, and implementing cloud solutions on AWS platforms.
People Management - Yes