Responsible and accountable for overall delivery of Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) technical solutions initiatives. Serves as the single point of contact within EIT for delivery of complex technology solutions. Works cross-departmentally and cross-organizationally to ensure the successful delivery of EIT technology solutions initiatives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Technical Solution Delivery: Accountable for overall technical solution delivery for assigned initiatives. Serves as the central point of contact within the organization for successful delivery of assigned overall technical solutions.
- Responsible for EIT cross functional coordination (Systems Analysis, Software Engineering, Performance Engineering, Product Verification, Service Delivery, Customer) to ensure overall delivery objectives are met. Serves as the primary point of contact for Business, Senior EIT Management, and EPMO to ensure successful overall EIT technical solution delivery.
- Solution Delivery Controls: Establishes and maintains effective overall controls for technical solution delivery initiatives. Works with business and EPMO to define overall solution scope. Works with EIT functional teams to estimate requested scope and identify team resource work capacity. Balances scope estimates and capacity to ensure overall technical solution delivery can be successfully accomplished. Works with business and EPMO areas to address any gaps in scope verses capacity. Works with all teams to identify and document technical delivery milestone dates. Reviews estimates and verifies cross-team consistency. Accurately documents and manages assumptions for technical solutions delivery. Concisely and clearly provides status updates on technical solution delivery initiatives. Ensures adherence to all technical solutions methodology processes and practices, including reviews, walkthroughs and signoffs.
- Leadership: Provides overall cross-team leadership to drive technical solution delivery to a successful conclusion. Works proactively to identify and address issues. Works with all EIT teams and BCBSA teams, to identify and implement solutions to issues. Maintains momentum of all teams to achieve overall technical solution delivery.
- Relationship Management: Works across all teams in a collaborative and effective manner. Navigates solutions to issues with a win-win approach, where all stakeholder needs and inputs are considered and balanced. Maintains positive and constructive working relationship with all participants in the technical solution delivery initiatives.
- Application of Technical Skills: Works on an as-needed basis as a hands-on technologist, applying technical skills in the development and delivery of technical solutions. Follows established technical solutions methodology processes and practices throughout the technical solutions delivery initiatives.
Required Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 10 years of IT work experience including application system design and implementation.
- Experience with multiple development methodologies, including RUP and Agile.
- Experience in Office 365 suite of tools, including but not limited to SharePoint Online, Groups, Teams, Yammer, OneDrive, Power BI, Power Automate
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft SharePoint platform, SQL Server, OKTA, and coding.
- Experience developing and integrating technical solution components. For an IT operations role, with cloud focus, J2EE, Tomcat, WebSphere, Springboot, MQ, Liferay, Node.js, API Management platforms (e.g., Apigee), JSON/XML parsing. Experience with deploying and maintaining applications in the AWS environment, including modular microservices architecture, serverless technologies and infrastructure as code automation
Preferred Basic Qualifications:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Plan experience preferred
- Advanced experience with Microsoft SharePoint Online, OneDrive file sync, and Microsoft Teams strongly preferred
- Strong technology project management skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Blue Cross Blue Shield Association is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristics