Job Description Summary
The Federal Employee Program (FEP) has a member-facing website, MyBlue Portal, and a Technical Solutions Lead is needed to support on-going initiatives enhancing the design and functionality of the user experience for the core journeys and products of BCBSA's Digital Experience.
Responsible and accountable for overall delivery of Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) technical solutions initiatives. Serves as the single point of contact within EIT for delivery of complex technology solutions. Works cross-departmentally and cross-organizationally to ensure the successful delivery of EIT technology solutions initiatives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Technical Solution Delivery: Accountable for overall technical solution delivery for assigned initiatives. Serves as the central point of contact within the organization for successful delivery of assigned overall technical solutions. Responsible for EIT cross functional coordination (Systems Analysis, Software Engineering, Performance Engineering, Product Verification, Service Delivery, Customer) to ensure overall delivery objectives are met. Serves as the primary point of contact for Business, Senior EIT Management, and EPMO to ensure successful overall EIT technical solution delivery.
- Solution Delivery Controls: Establishes and maintains effective overall controls for technical solution delivery initiatives. Works with business and EPMO to define overall solution scope. Works with EIT functional teams to estimate requested scope and identify team resource work capacity. Balances scope estimates and capacity to ensure overall technical solution delivery can be successfully accomplished. Works with business and EPMO areas to address any gaps in scope verses capacity. Works with all teams to identify and document technical delivery milestone dates. Reviews estimates and verifies cross-team consistency. Accurately documents and manages assumptions for technical solutions delivery. Concisely and clearly provides status updates on technical solution delivery initiatives. Ensures adherence to all technical solutions methodology processes and practices, including reviews, walkthroughs and sign-offs.
- Application of Technical Skills: Works on an as-needed basis as a hands-on technologist, applying technical skills in the development and delivery of technical solutions. Follows established technical solutions methodology processes and practices throughout the technical solutions delivery initiatives.
- Leadership: Provides overall cross-team leadership to drive technical solution delivery to a successful conclusion. Works proactively to identify and address issues. Works with EIT and BCBSA teams, to identify and implement solutions to issues. Maintains momentum of all teams to achieve overall technical solution delivery.
Required Education, Certifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration.
- Minimum 7 years of IT work experience including application system design and implementation
- Experience gathering and refining specifications based on technical requirements or UX designs, collaborating with stakeholders, and building accessible web applications with web development best practices, creating high-quality, scalable, WCAG accessible, responsive, and reusable code that works with multiple browsers; troubleshooting issues and debugging code
- Experience with the following tools and frameworks: Angular or React js, expressjs and nestjs frameworks, nodejs, RxJS, NgRx, Jasmine, Karma and Storybook
- Experience with multiple development methodologies, including RUP and Agile.
- Proficient with MSSql or any other similar databases and tools
- working knowledge of GitFlow, Jenkins, CICD framework, Sonarqube and contrast security scanning tools
- Strong technology project management skills.
Preferred Education, Certifications and Experience
- Masters Degree
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Plan experience
People Management - No