Location: Niagara Falls, NY
Department: Machine Sales
Employment Type: Full Time Non-Union
Work Hours: 1st Shift
Requisition Number: 18-0034
SITECH Northeast is seeking an experienced Field Technician. The Technician is responsible for the support of Trimble machine control technology on earthmoving and paving machines within our Western NY territory. The ideal candidate will have experience with trouble shooting electrical systems and an ability to operate machines performing construction tasks. The hire will provide their own basic mechanic’s tools, while SITECH Northeast will provide specialized tooling and a vehicle.
- Enhance and grow existing customer relationships by promoting the complete Trimble technology portfolio in an effort to increase the penetration rate of Trimble technology.
- Provide technical guidance, pre-sale application analysis, product specification, and customer demonstrations for construction machine control and related applications in the designated territory.
- Provide after-sale support and troubleshooting to ensure timely follow-up and resolution to customer issues.
- Properly install and update equipment, check cables and connections to the hardware.
- Diagnose hydraulic and electrical issues that affect the performance of the machine control system.
- Operate various types of earthmoving machines to assist in troubleshooting and customer training.
- Train customers and employees on the GPS Machine Control.
- Manage required support-related information, forms and paperwork as directed by management and/or in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a high standard of ethics, abiding by all company policies.
- Travel will be necessary on a weekly basis. Overnight travel may be required up to 20% of the time as warranted for training, company meetings, customer visits, etc.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- High school diploma or (GED) equivalent. Two-year degree in Technician or diesel mechanic school a plus.
- 2 years of machine repair experience.
- Ability to change priorities and remain productive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Perform duties with a sense of urgency, exceeding customer expectations.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient in the use of a computer and related Microsoft software.
- Ability to read technical manuals and prepare reports.
- Ability to operate a variety of equipment.
- Flexible to work after hours when needed to meet customer needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
- Attend training meetings and workshops, which may require overnight stays.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Heavy equipment service/maintenance knowledge with a focus on electrical.
- Knowledge of construction machinery and its applications by our customers.
- Engineering knowledge of the Machine Control and Guidance operation is beneficial.
- Enjoy the interaction with customers on a technical level.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties.
Resumes that are mailed, emailed or hand-delivered to SITECH Northeast or any employee will not be considered. You must apply online. Background checks, drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.
SITECH Northeast is an equal opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, handicap, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. We base all employment decisions to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. EEO/AA employer. Milton CAT is a Drug-Free workplace.