The Telehealth Coordinator reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Medicine (NM), adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
Under the direction of the Senior Telehealth Manager, the Telehealth Coordinator is responsible for supporting NM's telehealth programs across the system.
- Support all NM Telehealth eVisits and eConsults to ensure compliance, billing, physician training and credentialing.
- Coordinate program evaluation, including patient and provider satisfaction/evaluation.
- Support creation of telehealth patient-facing educational materials and resources.
- Support and provide physicians, clinicians and administrative telehealth training, resources and troubleshooting assistance.
- Map current clinical NM workflows to ascertain best model for telehealth workflows to ensure continuity with clinic operations and optimize care for patients and improve provider experience.
- Support remote patient monitoring research and business case development.
- Perform remote patient monitoring training and support for NM patients, their caregivers along with NM staff and clinicians.
- Round on NM clinical Telehealth providers to ensure compliance with standards and protocol.
- Help manage all aspects of Telehealth/Virtual Care compliance issues to ensure reported issues are appropriately received, evaluated, investigated, documented, and resolved. Respond to queries or allegations and triage issues to appropriate departments when necessary (i.e., Clinic Departments, Compliance).
- Maintain a database of all issues received by the Telehealth program. Document all issues received, actions taken, and resolutions.
- Coordinate investigations in response to incoming telehealth compliance related issues. Gather all relevant information for potential compliance issues, determine underlying causes, and relate information from different sources to draw logical conclusions.
- Coordinate coding, billing, and other related audits and reviews as needed with Telehealth team and other system functions (i.e. Corporate Compliance, Revenue Cycle, Managed Care).
- Perform follow-up, audits, reviews, investigations, and validations.
- Provide limited patient-facing telehealth support to telehealth patients.
- Help develop and maintain Telehealth-related policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Innovation Department.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelors Degree.
- Demonstrated ability to work with various levels within the organization regarding confidential information and maintain sensitive data.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills required. Ability to work collaboratively and communicate with others in a clear, concise, and professional manner on the telephone and in person, as well as, demonstrate use of good written and verbal communication skills.
- Healthcare experience.
- Knowledge and experience in using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and similar office programs is required.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Telehealth experience preferred.
- Technology experience (software and hardware) preferred.