At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Triage RN, Access reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Triage RN, Access provides clinically expert virtual triage service. In their role, the triage nurses serve as a liaison between the patient and their physician by assessing the presenting problem or chief complaint, utilizing targeted evidence based triage protocols to identify acuity and develop appropriate care advice and next-step recommendations.
- Triage nurses must demonstrate excellent customer service and communication skills and the ability to function as part of a highly effective team that consistently puts Patients First.
- Establish positive first impressions with patients and customers, establishing a role as patient advocate
- Triage all incoming telephone calls and electronic messages, prioritizing and resolving, involving the provider as appropriate, successfully completing the communication cycle.
- Incorporates critical thinking to develop, implement and update an individualized plan of care based on identified patient care and learning and needs
- Asks key questions to gain insight into the patient's clinical condition and able to adjust approach as needed to get necessarily information
- Document all communications in the electronic medical record
- Schedules patient for visit with provider as appropriate based upon protocols
- Follows triage protocols in place for the department
- Assist in scheduling appointments for patients with providers within NM.
- Assist in orientation of new staff members.
- Assist in specific process improvement projects
- Participates in departmental quality improvement activities
- Uses effective service recovery skills to solve problems or service breakdowns when they occur
- Graduate of accredited RN program
- 2 years of ambulatory care experience
- Registered Nurse License issued by State of Illinois
- Current AHA BLS Provider certification
- Specialty certification upon eligibility
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.