**This is a Part Time position at 20hrs per week. The location for this role will primarily be at the downtown Chicago clinic and covering at the Highland Park clinic when needed. Schedule is as follows: Monday through Friday 6:30am-10:30am & two-three weekend (Sat or Sun 8am-12pm) days per month.**
The Ultrasonographer in Fertility and Reproductive Medicine has the following responsibilities: Assesses the patient, evaluates the request for diagnostic ultrasound services, and determines appropriate method of application. Prepares appropriate equipment/accessories, completes sterile probe preparation, positions the patient, and performs ultrasound and related procedures. Rooms patients and lifts/transports patients to and from beds and imaging devices. Provides patient education before, during, and after procedure. Observes the patient and communicates pertinent information to the physician. Generates patient reports, documents findings in electronic medical record, submits patient billing, and sends acquired images electronically for accession/retrieval. Ensures the continuity of care through effective interactions with other departments. Performs preventative maintenance on equipment, troubleshoots malfunctions, and promptly reports deficiencies to management. Monitors supply stock to ensure adequate reserve. Collects data to measure and track quality management. Supports department initiatives (formal/informal process improvement, problem solving). Instructs and provides clinical guidance to students. May perform other duties as assigned. AA/EOE.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Basic Life Support (American Heart Association) certification.
- Diploma or certificate of completion from an accredited medical sonography program.
- Zero (0) to two (2) years' experience in a relevant role.
- Technical competency in relevant specialty.
- American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) certification.
- Associate or Bachelor Degree.
- Three or more years' experience.
- Additional certification relevant to specialty area.