The Unit Secretary reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Demonstrates exemplary customer service skills, including the ability to use appropriate judgment, independent thinking and creativity when resolving issues.
- Answers phones and provides assistance accordingly.
- Communicates with patients and visitors including greeting them upon arrival and providing necessary information related to their visit.
- Responds to patient call lights and request for assistance in a professional and timely manner.
- Facilitates obtaining a hard copy of the patient's health information and scan into Electronic Medical Record.
- Manages admissions and discharges through Electronic Bed Board.
- Provides clinical staff with medical records of treatment of patient and correct flow of patient and maintains log book.
- Coordinates and assists in transfer process for patients to another hospital.
- Assures patient care unit readiness for EMR downtime and facilitates data recovery following downtime .
- Orders departmental forms, supplies and request engineering/biomed equipment repair. Construct departmental folders as needed.
- Maintains staff phone list for department.
- Participates in performance improvement activities that advance innovative processes to achieve unit targets and exceptional performance
- Competency in ICARE
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Efficient computer skills
- Experience in EMR order entry and documentation