Support NM healthcare departments and NM Marketing in developing easy-to-use digital products.
- Apply strategic thinking and demonstrate awareness of business goals while striving for a highly usable and engaging end-to-end user experience.
- Define, socialize and implement best practices for user experience design, leveraging industry standards.
- Turn user experience ideas into practical, workable, testable concepts. T ranslate those concepts into recommendations that achieve simplicity, despite the inherent complexity of processes being supported.
- Translate broad business requirements into detailed UI specifications, using a variety of tools and documents, including: sitemaps, paper prototypes or wireframes, user interfaces, screen mock-ups and style guidelines.
- Collaborate on documentation of user types, scenarios and tasks, as well as conceptual models and process flows. Collaborate with a cross-functional team including: project managers, designers, content specialists, site developers and IT leads to produce final screen designs and user interface specifications.
- Review final implementation of UI projects to ensure proper execution of the user experience and compliance with the specifications.
- Support the planning of qualitative and quantitative user research. Participate in testing, analysis, and synthesis of findings as appropriate. May include: usability testing, stakeholder interviews, market research and web analytics.
- Stay current on emerging industry trends and the competitive landscape.
- Contribute to UAT process for all new site enhancements with Digital and cross-functional teams.
- Proactively identify problem areas and offer solutions.
QUALIFICATIONS: Required :
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience
- 5 years relevant experience.
- Expert knowledge of user interface design, information design, usability principles, and web design.
- Experience with creating complex, user-centric websites.
- Familiarity with web and mobile technologies and their impact on both work practices and the feasibility of solutions.
- Project management skills including: scope definition, deadlines, stakeholder management and corporate accountability.
- Experience with the user-centered design (UCD) process and experience in designing transactional applications.
- Solid understanding of information architecture, mastery of user interface design and strong visual design sensibility.
- Demonstrated ability to create and leverage requirements assets such as: use cases, wireframes, prototypes and presentations.
- Exposure to user research techniques such as: contextual inquiry, user interviews and usability testing.
- Solid understanding of how to incorporate insights from user research into the user interface design process.
- Proficiency in industry tools, such as: Adobe Creative Suite, Visio or Axure.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Interactive agency experience.
- Experience within Healthcare, major consumer brand or large corporate environment.
- Experience in or knowledge of website development or coding.
- Experience working with mobile devices and technologies, including: iOS, Android, iPad.