At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, youll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The UX Designer role is part of a cross functional team that support NM IS, healthcare departments and NM Marketing in developing easy-to-use applications and technology services. This role will translate user experience concepts into practical, workable, and testable concepts that deliver the simplicity our patients, care givers and employees desire.
- Partner with SMEs and stakeholders to recognize workflows and find ways to improve UX through usability, findability, screen designs and user interface specifications.
- Define and refine customer personas and user types, interaction models, scenarios and tasks, as well as conceptual models and process flows.
- Convert business requirements into UI specifications, using tools such as sitemaps, paper prototypes or wireframes, user interfaces, screen mock-ups and style guidelines.
- Support UAT process for all features and functions delivered within through the service line.
- Participate in customer feedbacksessions, testing, analysis, and synthesis of findings as appropriate.
- Stay current on industry trends and tools, especially related to core platforms.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Three to seven years experience in core discipline.
- Knowledge of user interface design, information design, usability principles, and web design.
- Demonstrated ability to create and leverage requirements assets such as use cases, wireframes, prototypes and presentations.
- Experience incorporating insights from user research into the user interface design process.
- Familiarity with web and mobile technologies and ways they impact work practices.
- Proficiency in industry tools, such as: Adobe Creative Suite, Visio or Axure. Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience within Healthcare
- Experience with Epic EMR or related tools such as MyChart
- Experience working with mobile devices and technologies, including: iOS, Android, iPad.