Video Producer & Photographer (Reg FT)
Position Title: Video Producer & Photographer (Reg FT)
Department: Marketing & Public Relations
Campus: Office of College Services
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than March 24, 2023. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. This is a temporary full-time position with benefits.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Remote Work Option: Hybrid
Work Hours (for hourly positions): Monday - Friday; 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. Additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, may be needed to meet the needs of the department.
Salary Grade: Admin 14 - $52,697
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 6009
Job Open Date: 3/10/2023
Job Close Date:
General Summary: This position is responsible for executing professional videos and photography while developing and implementing technical and creative projects, ensuring all projects are planned, designed and produced in an effective and efficient manner within time and budget constraints. This position will provide a wide range of technical expertise and support for productions such as live studio, on-location, multi-camera webcasts, podcasts and large-scale video productions. The position will be responsible for all phases of preproduction, production, and postproduction, including editing, animation, college branding and final cut delivery.
Requirements: Bachelor's degree in digital communications, multimedia and/or broadcasting with a focus in technology and production, digital editing, video/television production, multimedia, broadcasting, audio-video, media and digital content, or related field. Minimum of three years of video production and still photography experience that includes audio technology, video technology, projection and presentation systems, film and TV production techniques, lighting, computer graphics and postproduction. Experience working in or with institutions of higher education preferred.
The successful candidate will have experience working with a wide range of production software and hardware, including, but not limited to: Adobe Premier, Final Cut Pro, Avid, digital video cameras, studio lighting, audio equipment (boom, lavaliere and handheld mics), iPads, teleprompters, 360 cameras, green screen backgrounds, and drones. Experience in modern film and production and sound techniques preferred.
Must possess excellent project management and interpersonal skills, including the ability to design and develop professional productions, express ideas visually, work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines. Must be exceptionally detail oriented with outstanding planning and organizational skills and must have a proven track record of building positive relationships, including working effectively and efficiently within a small team environment and with a wide range of external partners and internal clients. Must have a portfolio of professional and creative work to demonstrate technical expertise. Must have the ability to lift heavy equipment weighing up to 30 lbs. Must be able to travel to all CCAC locations as necessary.
1. 1. Develops projects designed to enhance and promote the CCAC brand including, but not limited to, college marketing recruitment videos and instructional videos as well as presidential blogs, CCAC programs, services, systems and events.
2. Develops projects from conception to completion. Under the direction of the Executive Director of Visual Communications and in collaboration with the Digital Marketing Manager, collaborates with a diverse group of internal and external constituencies to shape the tone and voice of visual content. Designs the theme and story concepts, performs background research, assists in preparing scripts and lead-in interview questions, scouts locations, formalizes production plans and schedules talent. Oversees location-based and studio filming—arranging, connecting, tuning and operating video, teleprompter, audio and lighting equipment. Performs all necessary post-filming and postproduction duties, including editing, packaging and promotion. Complies with CCAC's brand standards and adheres to ADA and other legal and copyrighted material requirements.
3. Serves as internal college resource/consultant for video projects undertaken in concert with the Public Relations & Marketing Department. Provides guidance regarding project conceptualization and production, including storyboarding and script development, filming and editing techniques, strategic promotions and overall best practices. Monitors key trends in media production and technology and implements best practices.
4. Serves as official college photographer, providing photography for events, program-related photo shoots and individual portraits.
5. Oversees the filming and photography studios to ensure a standard and functioning permanent studio. Downloads, installs and troubleshoots licensed software and equipment when necessary. Maintains video and photo equipment files and records; creates and maintains an archive and retention plan based on industry best practices. Outside of managing projects, the individual holding this position will perform a variety of tasks and work with emerging technologies, digital photography, sound boards, mics, and video and lighting equipment to create professional productions. This individual will be responsible for preparing teleprompters with scripts and setting up and installing recording equipment, mixing boards, microphones, speakers, projectors, video screens and video monitors as well as operation of these components either in a studio or on-campus location to produce media productions. Other responsibilities include diagnosing and resolving technical problems with technology/media hardware and software along with digitizing and securing the production files.
6. Performs other related duties as required or as assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
Vaccination: Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human Resources.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://apptrkr.com/3995307
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.