At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Visual Field Technician reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Visual Field Technician is primarily responsible for performing Visual Field testing within the Ophthalmology clinic. The technician maintains the equipment and alerts leadership for maintenance needs. This role also assists with patient escorting and other duties as assigned.
- Performs the following test procedures on patients.
- Visual Fields
- Monitors and maintain the levels of minor equipment
- Educates patients on testing procedure
- Documents data/comments in the patients' electronic medical record/Epic.
- Escorts patient
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- CPR - Basic Life Support (American Heart Association)
- Minimum 1 year of work experience in a medical environment with direct patient care contact.
- Two+ years of related experience in Ophthalmology
- Experience performing Goldmann Visual Fields
- Experience performing Humphrey Visual Fields
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.