WaterOne is an independent public water utility. We've been proudly serving the Johnson County, Kansas area since 1957. Every day, nearly 455,000 customers rely on WaterOne to provide fresh, clean water on demand. It's a responsibility we deliver on.
Our passion is water because water touches everything we care about: family, health, safety, and community. We serve our community by bringing award-winning water to their homes, businesses, and public places.
The Plant Mechanic is responsible for maintaining WaterOne machinery by performing mechanical maintenance and repairs on water treatment equipment, pumping equipment, and plumbing systems at all WaterOne facilities as directed.
Customer Service Commitment
WaterOne employees shall continuously strive to meet or exceed the expectations of both their internal and external customers. Questions and concerns shall be acknowledged on the same day whenever possible, but no later than the next business day. Issues shall be resolved as promptly as possible, with the goal of maximizing customer satisfaction.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs all repair and upkeep of mechanical equipment in WaterOne, excluding vehicle fleet.
- Performs all scheduled lubrication and preventive maintenance of mechanical equipment and electric motors in WaterOne, excluding vehicle fleet.
- Responsible for the installation of new mechanical equipment and rehabilitation of existing mechanical systems.
- Performs all major and minor maintenance on well pump equipment, elevated tanks, pump stations, pressure points, automatic valves, pressure regulating valves, hydraulically operated equipment, chemical feed equipment, pneumatic chemical conveying and transfer systems.
- Responsible for maintaining and repairing all types of piping including water, air, hydraulic and drain.
- Responsible for alignment of pumps, motors and gearboxes.
- Repairs mechanical equipment mounted on elevated tanks and in the well field.
- Responsible for miscellaneous welding, cutting and metals fabrication.
- Performs housekeeping duties at all pump stations throughout WaterOne.
- Be available for emergency call-out in the event of maintenance problems.
- Perform all duties pertaining to hazardous waste operations in accordance with all applicable requirements.
- Performs other duties assigned.
These key core competencies are expected to be demonstrated by each employee at WaterOne:
- Communicates Effectively – Demonstrates ability to listen and express oneself effectively and shares information as appropriate for the position needed to perform the job effectively.
- Conscientiousness – Expresses the motivation to perform one's job in a careful, thorough way that adheres to the standards of honesty and integrity.
- Customer Focus – Demonstrates a concern for satisfying both internal and external customers and builds