GovExec is seeking a Weapons Editor & Analyst to join our team. In this role, you will be a critical player in developing and maintaining a world-class database of military information. You will be joining the Military Periscope team covering weapon systems from around the world, with a focus on naval systems, including ships, weapons and sensors. As the Weapons Editor &Analyst, you will report directly to the Senior Editor of Military Periscope.
- Research and update 20-30 records monthly on naval weapon systems from around the world as well as air and ground systems as needed.
- Research and write a monthly special report of around 1,500 words, covering a variety of geopolitical, conflict and defense topics.
- Select and summarize eight news stories covering defense developments, conflicts, terrorism and other geopolitical issues every morning for our Daily Defense News Capsules product.
- Bachelor's degree in international relations, regional studies, security studies or a related field.
- 2+ years full time experience and/or master’s degree.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Excellent research skills, including online research.
- General knowledge of military organizations and weapon systems.
GovExec’s data and insights set the standard for depth, accuracy, and impact for government leaders and contractors. As the market-leading information and intent-based marketing platform, for over fifty years GovExec has empowered the government ecosystem to engage and support government leaders as they work to achieve their missions across federal, defense, and state and local agencies. Our strategic sales enablement and intent-based marketing solutions accelerate revenue growth to fuel market success. The platform is powered by the largest and most sophisticated database in the public sector, GovExec’s platform reaches 3.3 million government influencers each month and provides its marketing clients with a significant competitive advantage in driving higher conversion and growth.
Working at GovExec
At GovExec, we believe that a new era of work -- particularly when, where, and how it gets done -- has arrived. We are building a hybrid workplace that allows for greater freedom and flexibility while also fostering a collaborative culture, no matter where you are working. GovExec offers permanent remote work in 20+ states across the US, as well as the option to work out of one of our offices based in Washington DC, New York or San Diego. GovExec also offers a range of great benefits including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Open time off policy
- Twelve weeks paid parental leave
- Supportive, collaborative teams
- Unique opportunity to help government officials from a private sector company
- Expansive learning and development opportunities
GovExec recruits’ talent for four salient attributes or qualities:
- Soul of Entrepreneurship
- Culture of Inclusion
- Force of Ideas
- Spirit of Generosity
Government Executive Media Group, Inc. and its affiliates ("GovExec") are Equal Opportunity Employers. We do not discriminate against our applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by applicable law.