- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $10,000 Student Loan Repayment ($5,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Wellness Technician II reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
Under the direction of the Wellness Manager, the Wellness Technician II promotes and educates Wellness and Prevention programs and screenings for assigned client companies impacting employees health within the client company. This role facilitates operations and administration of Health Evaluation screenings, programming and education.
- Leads wellness screening team in the administration and all operations of Health Evaluations and other screening events.
- Acts as main point of contact to external clients/patients.
- Clinicals include: blood pressure, body composition, registration, phlebotomy assistance, fingerstick, EKG, balance screens, concussion and more.
- Instructor for education at assigned locations; classes to include but not limited to Bloodborne Pathogens, CPR, First Aid as credentialed by appropriate Health Associations, Stress Management, Smoking Cessation, and other short subject Wellness-related topics.
- Supports and leads administration for system-wide programs such as Youth Residency and Community Benefit events.
- Selling and promotion of all health screening packages to companies under the guidance of Wellness Manager and assisted by Corporate Health Sales Team Manager.
- Designs, creates budget and implements new, innovative wellness programs for both internal and external clients, as well as encouraging growth in programming and participation within current client locations and new clients as assigned. Responsible for tracking and measuring outcomes.
- Educates clients on immediate outcomes during health risk assessment through coachable moments and wellness coaching background.
- Keeps required records for Education classes as required by health associations. Maintains records required for regulatory and statistical purposes.
- Assist in special events for programs such as Health Fairs and Health Expos.
- Role models system values, customer service focus and organization standards in daily interactions.
- Adheres to and is responsible for the safety standard of Northwestern Medicine including the completion of the mandatory organizational safety standards on an annual basic
- Maintains confidentiality for our patients and their families as outlined in the Northwestern Confidentiality Policy and shows the same level of respect for every Associate within Northwestern
- This position performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Education, Public Health, Health Management or related field
- Applicable clinical experience
- Demonstrates ability to teach and work effectively with adult learners
- Possesses good communication skills both verbal and written
- Minimum 2 years experience in health, wellness, fitness or related field
- Phlebotomy Certification
- CPR instructor Certification
- CHES, Fitness, Dietetics, Heath Coaching certification
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.